Fan Network 2014-2015?

i saw that as well. I had to look on the main dci.org site in the schedules tab to get the details for the event.

I emailed them two days ago about this very same thing. All I got was that the times will be displayed just before the show.

Well, that doesn't do anyone any good if they are trying to plan their day around these broadcasts.

I emailed them two days ago about this very same thing. All I got was that the times will be displayed just before the show.

Well, that doesn't do anyone any good if they are trying to plan their day around these broadcasts.

And they don't put up the right time on the day of the event. This morning it said the DCI West show started at 11:30 a.m. eastern time (8:30 a.m. pac). Edited by jasgre2000

That's true, but with the "pause/go back anytime" nature of the streams, you can start it several hours late and still watch everything you want with the stream. Being on the west coast, that type of thing happens a bit when I don't want to start a stream late morning/early afternoon and I'll wait until evening to watch the stream.

Did anyone try last nights live stream on a mobile device? I Tried this morning to watch it on "rewind" (UK times do not permit live viewing on a school night!) on my Google Nexus Android tablet (with the intention of trying to stream it to my ChromeCast but never actually got this far!) but got a message that the content wasn't available and to try again later. I then checked on the PC and was able to view it fine.

Cheers....

Like someone else I streamed it on my iPad, and then ran it through Apple TV to watch it on my home system w/no wires. VERY awesome/convenient set-up, and no problems.

Is there a reason why the Fan Network doesn't display the time broadcasts are supposed to start? If anyone here has any influence over the Fan Network, that's a simple change that would make a big improvement. Its odd that I have to to the show websites to find out what time things are supposed to start. Maybe its there and I'm missing it. Seems like it should on the schedule next to the date.

Ask, and you shall receive, jasgre2000. FN webcast schedule now includes start times, complete with local time zones!

Thanks for listening, DCI.

Like someone else I streamed it on my iPad, and then ran it through Apple TV to watch it on my home system w/no wires. VERY awesome/convenient set-up, and no problems.

You know... I too get awesome HD quality picture and awesome sound with my Apple TV. But, only streaming. The "through the years" stuff is not that great.

• 2 weeks later...

You know... I too get awesome HD quality picture and awesome sound with my Apple TV. But, only streaming. The "through the years" stuff is not that great.

The legacy shows and older stuff is ripped from dads at 640x480, and those were pulled off of interlaced masters. Polished turds, if you will. Your HD screen is going to show every poor detail. Compared to a 1280x720 30fps stream, it's just not in the same league.

Just recently they updated the website so that, when viewed on an ipad, you're forced into the mobile version. Maybe it's my imagination, but I'd swear the resolution for the on-demand shows on the mobile version looks downgraded from 720p. (I haven't done a side by side comparison, though.)

I know I shouldn't expect much from the VODs...but the Lynn show is atrocious. There are better videos on youtube. The crowd is more in frame than the actual Cadets show. Can they not place the stationary camera on the 50 from the press box?? Oh well, the live webcasts have been great. So I'll end my complaining.