Fan Network 2014-2015?

Fan Network audio tonight was pretty poor again. The echo made me just log off. Second time this month sound has been bad. Thought things were supposed to be better this year..

While I'm not as flustered as you Jason, the audio at Denver was pretty atrocious tonight. The dual micing feedback after Troopers that lasted throughout the rest of the night was unbearable. So sad it essentially happened just for the "main event" that everyone tuned in for. Awful awful awful vuvuzela-like noises during the larger brass moments, and the pit "tin" sound was just God awful.

I was happy with La Crosse and it worked quite swell after they got the multi-cam stuff going from the weather delay though.

It was clear the Denver crew was not on the ball, and really had no idea what they were doing on both the video and audio fronts this evening.

Denver was horrible. it was worse than dealing with the freezes last year

Nothing can beat Buffalo last year though. That was the definition of horrendous. It made Denver seem like a Superbowl broadcast.

• Like 1

Oh Denver was shot? Didn't even know that. Cool,

Muncie was ok. What was the show the other day from the 6th? That sound was not very good. OK but not good. If you think about it though it's a pretty good deal man.

Thank you guys for making it possible.

The problems with the sound during the webcasts is disappointing, but I noticed a few times that when the event is cycled into the VOD the sound has been mixed better, such as with the Ft. Wayne event. There are many factors that can interfere with good sound on a live webcast, and sometimes the engineer has a choice between bad sound or no sound knowing that he or she can fix it later for the VOD. But it seems that some these engineers just don't know what to do, so we end up with a single mono channel for the whole corps mixed with a direct signal from the corps' sound board panned to one side, as has happened a few times this year. On the other extreme, there's Akron, which is recorded with the full-quality DCI finals setup, and sounds awesome.

I've learned to be dubious about what to expect on live DCI webcasts. If there was a discount for VOD only with no live events, I'd opt for it.

Edited by drangin

Thank you Denver for almost blowing out my headphones...and my skull

The problems with the sound during the webcasts is disappointing, but I noticed a few times that when the event is cycled into the VOD the sound has been mixed better, such as with the Ft. Wayne event. There are many factors that can interfere with good sound on a live webcast, and sometimes the engineer has a choice between bad sound or no sound knowing that he or she can fix it later for the VOD. But it seems that some these engineers just don't know what to do, so we end up with a single mono channel for the whole corps mixed with a direct signal from the corps' sound board panned to one side, as has happened a few times this year. On the other extreme, there's Akron, which is recorded with the full-quality DCI finals setup, and sounds awesome.

I've learned to be dubious about what to expect on live DCI webcasts. If there was a discount for VOD only with no live events, I'd opt for it.

true but waiting for the VOD kills the whole idea of watching it LIVE

Does anyone know (or have heard) plans for San Antonio vs Atlanta webcasts - are they sticking with SA as high cam and Atlanta as multi-cam? I am only buying one of the two as PPV, and would prefer to do SA unless it's high-cam only.

Mike