Worst falls in dci

I've been watching some shows lately and I see some major falls. Anybody have an idea of what the worst fall Im dci finals history was?

Lol poor guy. I remember in the 2002 cadets a tuba player falls and has to run across like 3 yard lines to get back in the form.

• Like 1

Crown 2010. Luckily it got edited out of a lot of videos, but it's gut-wrenching to see.

Crown 2010. Luckily it got edited out of a lot of videos, but it's gut-wrenching to see.

The fall was clearly visible on the FN high angle cam for at least a few weeks before they finally edited it out. It broke my heart to see it. I could only watch that show on the DVD once. Even though the fall is cut out, you can still tell it happened when they do the shots of the crowd at the end and you see a bunch of people freaking out and looking in the same direction. Just an extremely unfortunate situation. The guy aged out in 2012, but he works as an admin for Crown now. He described the incident on his blog a few years ago but it's clear that it's not something he likes to talk about.

Edited by crownisking

My uncle was at finals in 2010. According to him, the crowd was so disheartened after seeing the fall that they couldn't really enjoy the bluecoats show. I know how it feels to fall. At our second football game I fell during our low brass feature which Always got the crowd on there feet cheering. Once I hit the ground the crowd went silent. Falling sucks.

Is there no footage that exists of this fall?

Is there no footage that exists of this fall?

Probably not. Trust me, you don't want to see it. It's pretty gruesome. The poor guy's leg literally snapped in half.