Blue Knights New Uniforms...

I like the new look. But even more importantly, I like the rationale behind its design.

This next generation Blue Knights uniform was designed by Tommy Keenum of The Band Hall, ​a​n accomplished visual artist and designer​ ​who explained his vision for the new design.

"I started with three elements. ​ ​I combined the sleek, contemporary style that the ​Blue Knights are known for, with a nod ​to ​their home state and a revamp of the “​DOTS​” logo that made such a splash when it was unveiled in the ​19​90’s. ​ ​Th​is​ new look is highly edited and minimal with a subtle theme of circular edges and ​DOTS rendered in a new color pallet of soft blue and white. ​ ​The colors fade into each other in ways that evoke the big open sky of Colorado and the logo has been transformed and repositioned in an exciting new way that highlights and pays respect to the ​ ​original."

​Mr. Keenum also explained how the new uniform was designed with the Blue Knights' 2014 show production "​​That One Second​​"​ in mind.

"The use of sheer fabric accents and ethereal white are in service of the dreamy quality of the Blue Knights 2014 production. ​ ​The coordination of the guard costume with the​​ corps is also a highlight of the entire thought process behind this year’s vision. ​ ​It is an exciting departure and a continuation of the class and artistry that is The Denver Blue Knights."

As a Colorado resident who loves our Rocky Mountains, I think Mr. Keenum hit a home run with this design.

• Like 1

I like them. I think they can be the new poster child for frozen but I like them

Agreed. Is it too late to change the show design?

White pants = classy!

• Like 1

Agreed. Is it too late to change the show design?

White pants = classy!

And ballsy. Love it.

• Like 1

Those new uniforms probably look nice up close but you'll barely see any blue at all from the stands. I don't understand the need for a design change. I may not generally like the shows BK has been putting out lately but I did really like their uniforms.

Can never really say until you see them in action but I think I like them, not a fan of that leg cape, think it’s a back trend in uniforms but I like the white, think it will look good on the filed – not sure about the blue fade but we’ll see

I’m getting a Sound of Music vibe from the picture, looks like the ad for the Civic Operas version

it could help that I was not much of a fan of their current (old) ones

"...and the logo has been transformed and repositioned in an exciting new way that highlights and pays respect to the ​ ​original." By putting a couple dots on the sleeve and limiting the logo to the guard outfit? Hmm...

Love the "Frozen" analogy!

BK_zpsf2acf7f8.jpg

IMO, they could have paid more homage and still been up to date (BAC for example)

I like them

I would wager that all the Blues are wanting to visually distinguish themselves from each other. If that is BK's intention, I think they did a good job, by minimizing the dark blue in favor of sky blue. And the softness of white and sky blue will look striking on the green field.

I am glad they de-emphasized the dots. I always thought the dot motif was too fussy and lacking in visual coherence.

My only question is: why is the guard barefoot and wearing aprons?