Blue Knights New Uniforms...

With all due respect to the Blue Knights, but if they're in the market for new uniforms, why come out and ask for money for them.

Doesn't seem very sensible in this day and age, just my opinion.

As for the actual uniform, looks more like a uniform I'd see at Lucas Oil in November, personally.

• Like 1

I would wager that all the Blues are wanting to visually distinguish themselves from each other. If that is BK's intention, I think they did a good job, by minimizing the dark blue in favor of sky blue. And the softness of white and sky blue will look striking on the green field.

I am glad they de-emphasized the dots. I always thought the dot motif was too fussy and lacking in visual coherence.

My only question is: why is the guard barefoot and wearing aprons?

I don't know about the barefoot thing, but I see what you call an apron as more of a skirt that is split on both sides.

I’m getting a Sound of Music vibe from the picture, looks like the ad for the Civic Operas version

i

Tommy Keenum did work with Sky Ryders.

I love the new uniforms. I like the bright and cheery look that's very close to the "old" BK. (You know, they did field corps before they ever wore dots...)

Racking my brain here, but BK this year, Phantom in 1999-2000 and Crown in 2002-2003 are the only examples in the last 25 years or so where I can recall a corps switching *to* white pants. I applaud their choice!

Mike

I love the new uniforms. I like the bright and cheery look that's very close to the "old" BK. (You know, they did field corps before they ever wore dots...)

Racking my brain here, but BK this year, Phantom in 1999-2000 and Crown in 2002-2003 are the only examples in the last 25 years or so where I can recall a corps switching *to* white pants. I applaud their choice!

Mike

SCV switched to white pants during their show in 1985. Remember the famous tunnel? They also used white pants in 1984, switching back and forth depending on the show, e.g green for prelims, white for finals.

SCV switched to white pants during their show in 1985. Remember the famous tunnel? They also used white pants in 1984, switching back and forth depending on the show, e.g green for prelims, white for finals.

I applaud Blue Knights for the risk. I understand the connection they are making to an often appreciated part of their history and I feel that the direction they've taken will help to identify them even more.

Having "Blue" in the name doesn't mean it has to be dark blue.

• Like 1

With all due respect to the Blue Knights, but if they're in the market for new uniforms, why come out and ask for money for them.

As for the actual uniform, looks more like a uniform I'd see at Lucas Oil in November, personally.

Honestly is it that unusual to have a uniform drive? Crossmen have one and as far as I know Bluecoats had one as well...

• Like 1

So how would you suggest they raise the money for them then?