2014 uniforms

The more I see the PR uniforms the more I don't like them. The only way to salvage it is to get rid of all the dangly things and change the sash to something very simple I'm surprised that it is not more original. Definitely looks rehashed from a high scool uniform.

• Like 1

Saw a great pic. from some Phantom alumni of the new corps proper side-by-side with a Phantom guard uniform from the late 80's/early 90's and it was a bit astounding how similar they were. If I can figure out how to post a pic I'll throw it up here, but it's pretty hilarious; actually, the guard uniform was less frilly (but way more shiny)

** EDIT ** the guard costume I mentioned was from Phantom's 1989 guard costume

Edited by perc2100

BpEaVCUCMAA_KmG.jpg

They should lose the frilly junk on the arms and change the disco sash to something simpler. I like the idea of Phantom playing with two tones, though.

I'm a sucker for basic uniform add-ons like cords, and I kind of dig the lower body frills at the bottom of the sash along the left leg, but Kamarag was right: this totally looks like design by committee.

Man that sash looks like something out of a 90's high school band catalogue listed under the "budget friendly" section.

Ditch the shoulder dangles. I understand adding texture/dimension to the uniform....but were black feathers not considered?

• Like 1

Awesome. Bluecoats helmet that is. Phantom, wtf?!

Edited by ShouldveMarchedAgeOut

Phantom's guard uniform is wonderful. One for the ages.

I agree with the concerns over the ensemble uniform, although as always, we'll need to see it in action. It's very military, isn't it? For this corps I always want to think of a symphony orchestra, which wears tuxedo or just black suits, rather than a regiment.

Last year's uniform grew on me somewhat.

Cadets 2014 ensemble uniform:

memorial-day-2011-004.jpg

No, really. That's it. You can trust me; I'm a stranger on the internet. The flute is, um, being thrown in the air. That's a guard member. Yeah, that's it.

Edited by Pete Freedman
  • Like 1