2014 uniforms

Crossmen 2014 Uniform:

10448588_10152246610218335_8866111564494

At lest the logo at the lower right has settled the uniform/costume debate... :shutup::smile:

Edited by gak27

Hey,

That's me down on about the 43, side 1, in the dark blue shirt, taking my now 3-year-old daughter to her annual Crossmen rehearsal. She loved when lightning interrupted the guard rehearsal (at least after she realized we weren't leaving), 'cause she got to go under the stadium and MEET some of the guard. Crossmen color guard, you definitely have a new fan!

As far as the uniforms go, I actually liked them (and this from somebody who doesn't usually like "new" uniforms, and to me, the '94 Blue Devils uniform is still "new"). The only thing that bothered me from my fairly close (as far as being in the stands) vantage point: for hornline and drum members who aren't stick thin, the placement of the drop sash. It was too far toward the center of the jacket on those folks, causing it to drop not down the side of the leg, but between their legs....and I don't think that's the look they are going for.

Also, I liked the show. The music was entertaining and memorable, and there seemed to be more movement on the field than Crossmen have had in the past few years. Can't wait to see it get cleaned up.

image.jpg

At lest the logo at the lower right has settled the uniform/costume debate... :shutup::smile:

There is one uniform and one costume in the photo. I'll let you deduce which goes with which.

Actually, on most of the new uniforms made by Fred J. Miller the gauntlets snap into place, so they don't move at all.

Key word: most.

Not these ones. They're velcro, just like the previous ones.

Key word: most.

Not these ones. They're velcro, just like the previous ones.

Interesting. I thought they were moving away from velcro. I used to hate dealing with those things when I was in band. They do make the cuffs look cleaner though.

up close i like it, not so much from afar.

kind of roll my eyes when people talk about how amazing all the "details" on a uniform are. at a distance the BAC uniform looks like red shoulder tops, then all black. but let's wait and see them in the show. sometimes things that make no sense up close work really well moving on the field (and vice versa).

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

I just saw an accidental post of the BDA uniform.

I clicked on it and it said content unavailable.

It's quite different.

the jacket is black and blue with a white v in the middle. Plume has blue in the back of it. The sash is faded blue down to black.

I will reserve my opinions until I see it live tomorrow.