2014 uniforms

10450064_10152307281183145_4199821765238Here they are! The BD uniforms in action

Edited by thedova

10450064_10152307281183145_4199821765238Here they are! The BD uniforms in action

Wow! I mean GOSH! Holy hell these look wonderful. So different and so much softer than the last four years. Closest to 2011 than anything I guess, but I like that the 2013 sleeve is referenced to some degree. Love this so much.

I don't hate these, but i prefer the look they had from 2008-2012. I really wouldn't mind if they kept that look forever.

The red accent on the uniform is going to look really cool with the red tambourines they are using. I can't wait to see what the guard is wearing. Looks like there may be costume changes again this year, but I am guessing it is only the guard that changes, but who knows. Haven't seen it yet. The music is AWESOME though.

The Blue Devils win! Very different while also somehow looking classically tailored. They remind me a bit of the "dazzle paint" that was used on ships during World War I, where the mass was broken up with stripes and geometrics. This made the vessels hard to identify from a distance as their bulk appeared as small, disjointed segments.

Something similar may occur with these uniforms on the field, especially at close intervals, as the individual people may be hard to distinguish from the various shapes. Very clever.

The red flash is a fun touch as well, and they got rid of the eagle on the shako for the first time. Can't quite tell what replaced it, but it is probably mirrored.

The red accent on the uniform is going to look really cool with the red tambourines they are using. I can't wait to see what the guard is wearing. Looks like there may be costume changes again this year, but I am guessing it is only the guard that changes, but who knows. Haven't seen it yet. The music is AWESOME though.

I am assuming those tambourines are for "Be Italian".

Edited by DrumManTx