2014 uniforms

Who is this? I think I see California plates. BDB?

Yeah i could see it being BDB but not regular blue devils, it doesn't look at all like the previous uniforms.

Yeah i could see it being BDB but not regular blue devils, it doesn't look at all like the previous uniforms.

The rolling platforms in the background appear to be the same ones BD was using in a previously posted video...

and the photo is posted on the Blue Devils Facebook page advertising a "dress rehearsal" performance of "Felliniesque" tonight at 7pm...

so this is them.

Wow! Great job, Blue Devils! While I love their old jackets, these are great as well. And the red accent is sweet!

I was afraid I wouldn't like a single new uniform this year.

10450064_10152307281183145_4199821765238Here they are! The BD uniforms in action

Not a bad looking uniform if you are a Johnny Come Lately corps with no heritage formed at a community center three years ago in Wheeling, WV. Not as crazy from what I can tell as the last three years, but...and here is the rub...it doesn't immediately say "This is the Blue Devils." I was hoping it was the B or C corps. What is up with the shakos? No matter how weird BD unis got, they have ALWAYS had the eagle on the front of the shako...and now that tradition has been tossed aside. Very sad to see. :( It looks more like Blue Knights or Bluecoats. Kinda like 89 when BD was the Black Devils. Just don't get why a corps with as rich or richer a heritage as does BD, doesn't embrace it. When Cadets, Cavies or Phantom walk onto the field, you KNOW who it is. Tons of respect for Cadets because they have looked about the same almost every year since I started following DCI in 1987. Hope I like the show. I like the uni...it is really sharp looking....but NOT for BD. It's not "them." Regardless...GO DEVS!! 16!! #BDWantsTheirTrophyBack

• Like 2

The red flash is a fun touch as well, and they got rid of the eagle on the shako for the first time. Can't quite tell what replaced it, but it is probably mirrored.

My school has the same sort of shako. It's basically a square within a square. Gives a cool 3d effect up close.

My school has the same sort of shako. It's basically a square within a square. Gives a cool 3d effect up close.

I am certainly getting a film vibe from the shako. With the concentric squares and the stripes on the sides, it could be either a cell of film or a representation of the spoke holes on the sides of film.