2014 uniforms

Corps proper switched colors with the guard from 2013.

wow I feel like an idiot for not realizing this...

I think you and someone else misunderstood. I meant uncomfortable as in "I really don't want to be seen wearing this" rather than "wow I can't feel my crotch right now." But I guess that's just me. I'd definitely feel conscious being in something like that.

No I understood. I bet they feel like nothing on and very well packed in..lol

But I also wouldnt be surprised if they werent fine with it ( style ) guards especially winter have worn less so on both accounts Im very sure Scott did his homework. Now if I like it or not thats another story

Edited by GUARDLING

tumblr_n78zm0Ri101svh635o1_1280.jpg

picture making its way around the internet. who wore it better?

:tongue:

So does this mean that the trampolines will eventually be encased in giant toaster type props? (The performers could bounce up out of the toaster slots when they're "done.")

Crown... Wow.

I don't even know what to say. Teal? Really? The 90's called wanting their color back.

Sorry, this ain't doing it for me.

• Like 1

Carolina Crown 2014.

BqNd-7OCUAAYDVs.jpg

I think the corps uniform is better than the guards uniform!!!! Way better! I would expect the guards costume to be more space themed" or in the color theme BD is using

The corps headwear makes everyone look like an alien. Intentional?

Hope thats the rationale.

• Like 1

I was a huge fan of the 2013 Crown uniform, but the update seems a bit of an overreach and, after thinking about it, I think is because they increased contrast in some areas and lessened it in others. Last year, the purple pants were fairly bright, but they were close enough to the black jacket in tonal range to make the entire uniform look vertically integrated. Then there was the electric orange stripe that continued in an unbroken line from bottom to top, sort of "launching" into the air from the feather. The stripe had so much contrast that it was a fantastic visual element.

The new turquoise pants are considerably brighter, and a huge tonal contrast with the black jacket, so everyone looks horizontally cut in half (and shorter). The shoes also appear more prominent. Additionally, they reduced the emphasis of the stripe by making it much closer to the shade of the pants than before, causing the strong vertical accent to be minimized. The line is also broken by the "my dingaling dangle" which appears to be an attempt at providing a fig leaf of modesty since the brighter pants bring even MORE emphasis to the, ahem, fit. From a purely design perspective, it seems superfluous, however.

Had the kept the purple pants and changed the stripe to some combo of the turquoise, blues, sparkle, etc., they most likely would have achieved an effective space nebula feel, while still retaining what worked so well in 2013.

The guard, well...I'm confused about what they are supposed to represent. The use of the Bowie piece at the beginning and the whole "liftoff" sequence in the show suggests they are earthbound astronauts exploring, but then the guard is in screaming purple velveteen. Maybe it's the miracle fabric of the future? Who knows. They look vaguely Flash Gordon, but the materials suggest an Elizabethan feel. I sort of like the headpiece/visor thing, but it seems like it would work better with a more techno/purposeful looking outfit. There seemed to be a LOT of loud neon color everywhere in the show. Etherial, it was not.

So far, I still like BD for the win. The new corps uniform seems to work great, and yes, I like the guard. There definitely seems to be some burlesque in Felliniesque and the outfits really capture it. Even the sock garters, which are a really simple idea that is clearly readable and visually arresting from a distance.

I'm interested to see the Cavaliers' whole show, with silks, as they look to have a really great visual look as well.

Out of all the explanations I've been given, that makes the most sense. Can't believe I didn't realize the reference to that TV show...

1) those pants look the exact same as last year

2) TV show on netflix called orange is the new black so probably just a play on words with the orange tarp

Actually, I think there may be a little more to it. The Bluecoats posted this today:

0ad512b8-a653-42e5-84a4-cf0461d50a16_zps