2014 uniforms

Hmmm....sharp looking indeed - still don't know about the short sleeves...I just don't get it, why? I mean, it is probably very

comfortable for the members on hot days...but visually it looks weird to me - always reminds me of the Jr. Scouts back in the 70s/80s.

Seriously though, not bad overall, and I REALLY like the Guard costume! Very dapper!

These look sharp on the slender model members. Will they look good on everyone?

Nomally not a fan of short sleeves, but if I try to imagine this uni with long sleeves, I don't think that would make it better.

This looks like a band nerd uniform to you only because about one million bands copied the look from BD.

Believe me, when BD first introduced this uniform in 1976, it was by far the most sophisticated look on the drum corps field. Everyone else was sporting cadet-style uniforms or cavalier-style big-sleeved blouses, with the occasional kilt or scout-type outfit. Oh, and Bridgemen.

And see, that's kind of the point, isn't it? People are wishing for "back-in-the-day," for a style of uniform that was cool almost 40 years ago, and has been thankfully phased out 20 years ago (17 if you want to count Kiwanis Kavalier's red version which they had until 1997). This is an old look that doesn't work anymore in modern, competitive junior drum corps. It was a great look nearly half a century ago, but it is not a great look for modern drum corps.

• Like 4

I like these. Very Blue Devlish. A blend of modern and classic. Slicker and less thick looking than the last few years.

I love the blue stripe in the plume. That said, it looks like it would magnify the slightest variations in posture.a

and that is kinda what makes its wearers BAMF: they literally have to pretty much be perfect or they WILL get noticed. It's like they're daring judges to find fault and I love that!

• Like 1

Hmmm....sharp looking indeed - still don't know about the short sleeves...I just don't get it, why? I mean, it is probably very

comfortable for the members on hot days...but visually it looks weird to me -

Having worn both long sleeved and short sleeves uniforms (the 2010 original one) they aren't too much cooler. Keep in mind most corps are in "halves" until right before troop and Scouts are in this the entire time. Also, you're so focused on mentally preparing yourself that it's the last thing on your mind.

10344348_10152069252500916_1310303988260

It almost like an away uniform version of the previous uniform

• Like 4