2014 uniforms

Bluecoats will be releasing a sneak peek of their uniform tonight.

Well, one of the themes of Swan Lake is internal conflict. It definitely shows in the uniform. In the other thread there's another picture showing even more fringe on the back right shoulder. Way too busy. Both the corps and guard unis look straight from the 80's and not in a modernized way. Meh. Very much meh.

I'm not really a fan of any of the new uniforms I've seen, including Regiment's. I guess these designers think that eclectic is where it's at with the judges right now?

I would like the two tone look better if the left and right sleeves and gauntlets had the same shape and side. And I pretty much hate the dangly capes.

I said it last year and I guess it bears repeating again: is Theo Huxtable now designing for DCI corps? (I prefer a keep-it-simple approach, with clean lines.)

6a00e0098eb615883301538f79da8e970b-800wi

• Like 2

I'm sorry. I just don't understand the concept of "dangly" addons. I'm over 50 now. I grew up knowing about the 60's and beads and what-not, but to this day I don't get "dangly."

THIS ^

I kinda was hoping they would have done a throwback to the 1987 Uniform for the corps proper. The Guard uniforms on the other hand look pretty nice.

Edited by Zeke

Well, one of the themes of Swan Lake is internal conflict. It definitely shows in the uniform. In the other thread there's another picture showing even more fringe on the back right shoulder. Way too busy. Both the corps and guard unis look straight from the 80's and not in a modernized way. Meh. Very much meh.

You hit the swan on the head with busy...the fringe/feathers (theme), two different gauntlets, the "right sleeve"...yowza!

On the positive side, the black pants will be a big help ...

The guard costume looks rehashed (again) this time from Faust...

I'm sure there's more to it than what they are showing, perhaps a cape, a head piece, and who knows there may be more than one color (unless someone has seen them all dressed the same)...

I was hoping for a classic all white look again...

had even thought of 1/2 in white and 1/2 in black...with red accents...

• Like 1

The first person to mention cognitive dissonance has to go sit in the corner. Oh wait...

• Like 1