14 In Open Class?

yeah did they list/ I saw a video of an OC corps that looked A Class size.

I would imagine a lot may have to do with high school and college age members having commitments with their respective school band programs, or otherwise, at certain times of the year (?); just a guess of course. That was the case with the Kilties, as example, in the Memorial Day parade performance; students within band programs needed to honor those commitments as a their priority. Nature of the activity in the all-age sector in some parts of the country.

Not sure about Chops. The DCA site shows them as exhibition in 2 out of 3 shows.

I don't officially speak for the corps, but as far as I know the results of our DCA Evaluation are still pending. Can't say much more about that :ninja:

Regardless of the outcome though, we will be performing our full field show at all three DCA Central shows in August (Racine, Mendota Heights, St Peter), as well as the DCI show in Eden Prairie MN in July. We are not making the trip to finals for our first year back.

Hope that clears things up a bit!

Edited to add shameless plug- follow our Facebook page for more updates!

Edited by Spandy
  • Like 1

I don't officially speak for the corps, but as far as I know the results of our DCA Evaluation are still pending. Can't say much more about that :ninja:

Regardless of the outcome though, we will be performing our full field show at all three DCA Central shows in August (Racine, Mendota Heights, St Peter), as well as the DCI show in Eden Prairie MN in July. We are not making the trip to finals for our first year back.

Hope that clears things up a bit!

Edited to add shameless plug- follow our Facebook page for more updates!

A step at a time... the right way to go!!!

Chops is back. One other corps missing from that list, and as far as I know, making the trip to DCA, would be SoCal Dream.

High Country Brass is coming as a minicorps.

According to a Renegades tweet dated May 30, they also will be a minicorps this year.

• Like 1

The following corps have declared themselves to be Class A corps for 2014:

Centurions

Cincinnati Tradition

Excelsior

Govenaires

Shenandoah Sound

Sun Devils

White Sabers

wow. fewest amount of A Class Corps in years!

Open Class

Buccs

Cabs

MBI

C2

CV

Fusion

Bush

Hurcs

Gold

Sun

Kilts

Alliance

Windsor

Sky

Correct?

Class A

White Sabres

Govies

Sun Devils

Cin Trad

HC Brass

Excelsior

Shen Sound

Centurions

Is Chops, Inc. coming back this year?

Hope that works out well for all the Open class corps and they have the numbers to support thier desision come Labor day.

Generally speaking "smallish" Open class corps on "todays" sheets do not fair too well because visial and field coverage is so much a part of the sheets.

Time will tell.

Chops is returning, but not making the trip to finals. They have a great development staff, new equipment and a great show. They will be performing in several regional shows in their area, with plans to make it to DCA Championships next year.

So Cal Dream on the other hand is "inactive" for the season. They have been struggling with extremely poor membership and leadership for a while.