When did a uniform become a costume

Huh? Not promoting anything other than my personal preference. I like diversity. A bunch of colorful onesies would be no more or less diverse than everyone dressing up in different colored faux-Cadet unis. Though from an outside appeal standpoint I feel that military-style uniforms go over better than WGI-style costuming, which is so often a comical mix of bizarre and corny.

all the " Uniforms " including the most traditional are a form of FAUX - cadet style uniforms

What're you calling a costume?

hqdefault.jpg

I feel like playing a game of checkers now.... Anyone want to join me ?

Edited by BRASSO

In my opinion, the "costume" that Crown had on last year is miles better than the traditional military style uniform the Cadets have been using since the beginning of time.

What a surprise..

• Like 1

The new uniform is surprisingly elegant and mature. No worries, no costume here.

What a surprise..

Aw come on Brasso, I'm sure everyone knows by now that I'm not much of a drum corps traditionalist :cool:

#purplepantsband***

Not purple anymore...

Right, but that's not the point. The post I quoted was worried about marketing, and yet... #purplepantsband.

I was referring to the claim, in another thread, that "costuming" (meaning disposable WGI-style uniforms in this context) were the best way for DCI to "move forward" and "appeal to outsiders". This claim is mystifying since it seems to me that most true outsiders would more easily connect with a more traditional uniform as opposed to a colorful jumpsuit. That, of course, is just my gut feeling. I only have anectodal evidence to support it.

#purplepantsband is a hashtag that's overwhelmingly used by Crown's legion of loyal high school band kids. So not outsiders at all. It really has no bearing on what I'm trying to say.