2014 Cavaliers

I agree. The whole look and sound just seems more mature than the past few years. I wish we could see the drill better, maybe the lights will come on at some point! The brass quality really is more professional and there seems to be some good demand in the book. Its definitely a step up visual and the marimbas on the field is just so cool!

• Like 1

Brass isn't even comparable to last year, haha. They sound great. Hard to see a whole lot, quality is kinda low, but I'm digging what I'm seeing of the drill design.

You can change the quality with the gear at the bottom of the page, BUT the quality still isn't there. Still nice to get a taste.

There are 2 tuba holes; one person is injured and the other is learning dots.

Edited by jjeffeory

This is difficult for me to read right now.

That drill was cool in that last segment, REALLY cool. Is their writer the same as last year? Design looks great, I know they're not Gaines, but I've gotten over that and ready to enjoy whoever's there now.

Same guy as last year, Mitch Rogers.

In 1991, Mitch became the visual caption head of The Cavaliers and assisted the corps to two consecutive DCI visual caption awards and the 1992 DCI World Championship. In 1994, he wrote The Cavaliers' drill. In 2002, Mitch continued his drum corps experience as the program coordinator for the Santa Clara Vanguard. Mitch was the Bluecoats drill designer from 2003-2008 and he wrote the drill for The Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps from 2007-2010.

From 1992 to 2003, Mitch was the drill designer for the trend-setting Plymouth-Canton (MI) Educational Park Marching Band, a perennial BOA Grand National finalist and Michigan state champion. In 1999, Plymouth-Canton was the BOA Grand Champion. He also instructed the 1993 BOA Grand National Champion Spring H.S. Marching Band from Spring, Texas.

As an instructor and designer, Mitch has been associated with high school bands throughout the United States including Stephen F. Austin High School Band and Angels Dance Team (Sugar Land, Texas) Center Grove High School Band (Greenwood, Ind.), Westfield H.S. (Spring, Texas,) Langham Creek H.S. (Cypress, Texas) Reeths-Puffer H.S. (Muskegon, Mich.) and many others.

Since 1992, Mitch has been drill designer and visual caption head for the colorful and inventive Aimachi Marching Band and Color Guard of Nagoya, Japan. He travels to Japan each year to instruct Aimachi. The band won the All-Japan Championship in 1998, 2000, 2001, 2003, and 2006-2009.

• Like 1

Same guy as last year, Mitch Rogers.

In 1991, Mitch became the visual caption head of The Cavaliers and assisted the corps to two consecutive DCI visual caption awards and the 1992 DCI World Championship. In 1994, he wrote The Cavaliers' drill. In 2002, Mitch continued his drum corps experience as the program coordinator for the Santa Clara Vanguard. Mitch was the Bluecoats drill designer from 2003-2008 and he wrote the drill for The Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps from 2007-2010.

From 1992 to 2003, Mitch was the drill designer for the trend-setting Plymouth-Canton (MI) Educational Park Marching Band, a perennial BOA Grand National finalist and Michigan state champion. In 1999, Plymouth-Canton was the BOA Grand Champion. He also instructed the 1993 BOA Grand National Champion Spring H.S. Marching Band from Spring, Texas.

As an instructor and designer, Mitch has been associated with high school bands throughout the United States including Stephen F. Austin High School Band and Angels Dance Team (Sugar Land, Texas) Center Grove High School Band (Greenwood, Ind.), Westfield H.S. (Spring, Texas,) Langham Creek H.S. (Cypress, Texas) Reeths-Puffer H.S. (Muskegon, Mich.) and many others.

Since 1992, Mitch has been drill designer and visual caption head for the colorful and inventive Aimachi Marching Band and Color Guard of Nagoya, Japan. He travels to Japan each year to instruct Aimachi. The band won the All-Japan Championship in 1998, 2000, 2001, 2003, and 2006-2009.

That's who it is, I thought the drill style looked familiar, love his stuff. PCEP's especially.

• Like 1

They're taking a 15 minute break right now, then will work on section 3.

They're going to do a full run through at around 9:30 and one of the designers will give an explanation. Right now they're working sections.