Instauration in Indy: 6/18

seemed like a high school band drill rather than the Green Machine Cavaliers.

MUCH better show from Cavies than last year. Theme seems to have been developed a bit already and those Marimbas? WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Like 1

Announcer: And he did so well with the "first" Troopers announcement -- ended it right before the big entrance hit.

They open with Shostakovich, have a great marimba feature during Danse Macabre, and the show is the best design they've had since XtraordinarY. I'm really liking Cavies this season.

I don't know how the judges saw it but Troopers had a better tone quality and center of pitch than Cavies did. I love the marimba feature as it will be a great moment all summer. Brass had a rough go of it. Let's face it. A MUCH stronger start than 2013! I think the brass will be OK but drill design doesn't relay the theme yet. It's June :)

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

It's a solid show by Cavaliers. Much better than last year, and a much better start to the summer than last year. Did not like the thin sound of the brass, and the arranging really has the mellos and trumpets stretching the highs almost too much. Low brass seemed gone a lot.

Guard is really good, and the front percussion ensemble is AMAZING! I really enjoyed the closer. That could be a big hit. The rest of the music doesn't draw me in and seems to stagnate. Mostly effects and non-lyrical phrases that don't seem to generate a lot of movement or GE. Still, this is a much better start, with some excellent drill. I believe they will do well, but top 5 well...maybe not just yet. Time will tell.

• Like 1

Really not digging the Cavies tone quality... Esp high brass... Very thin. Good elements to this show but the sound isn't as deep as Troop.

agree...

So far ahead of where they have been the last two years. Can't wait to see this show grow over the season. Once again Alan Miller and the staff at Cavaliers redefines what is possible for a front ensemble to contribute on a football field. It was an honor having him as my tech. That dude is brilliant.