Instauration in Indy: 6/18

Cadets...thank you for saving the night. Such a huge gap between this and everything before...I still wonder if this has the legs to medal though. Can't wait for the changes that are sure to come.

Cadets light years ahead of the others so far. Not even close.

It's amazing what happens when you have pretty much the same staff for years and years.

• Like 2

Still having some mixed emotions about Cadets show, but it's early and I'll reserve my full judgment for the middle of the season.

Good job, Cadets!

ENJOYED watching and listening to the first Drum Corps Show of the season. If anyone is interested, my thoughts are this:

1) Troopers - Much Improved Corps from last year. Beautiful Brass Scoring with much more intregal parts, that make them alot more interesting to listen too. Much larger Guard will help them down the road. CONGRATS TROOPERS, and i am glad to see you still provide a sound that is related to your TRADITIONS.

2) Cavaliers - Green Machine seems to be off to a better start, better prepared then last year. Lots of different effects..sometimes choppy...Maybe need another read, but alot of talent in the pit, and contra bass and bass drum feature production is cool and going to be a crowd favorite. (The tune into the rock song - can't remember the name of it) NOT SURE WHAT TO CALL IT

3) Phantom Regiment - Lots of impacts, however the transitions leading into them, need more build..Was expecting more from the First Class Ensemble. They are not afraid to go out on the limb that is for sure...but need to look how they are going build more intensity into the transitions. SWAN LAKE

4) Cadets - Horn Line and Percussion Line are a WOW! Not impressed with Visual..Not sure why. I am sure Hoppy will fix whatever he has to do before Finals..They definitely have a better shot this year. PATRIOTIC SHOW

5) Carolina Crown - Much improved Percussion. Horn line, has so so so many notes..Sometimes distracting, because they are not SOLID with the percussion at this point. They will be in the running, once they get it together..SPACE SHOW

Edited by MrBud

Truly stunning show by Cadets!!!!! Modern, well crafted, amazing brass and percussion, guard is wonderful, DRILL IS WOW, staging...sheesh, it's all there. A few things to fix, some hicups, and perhaps a few things to cut or add, but this is what a top 3 show looks like. NO DOUBT!

• Like 3

I'll bet there's a decent gap between Cavies and Phantom

I expect a decent gap between Cavs, Phantom with Cadets...

Cadets show is better written as a total package, imo.

( now watch the judges show me how wrong I am.. haha!)