Instauration in Indy: 6/18

FUNNY THOUGHTS about the show!

1) Cadets used a "CONCERT FRENCH HORN" Soloist...I have heard NO negative comments about it. (pretty good soloist too)

2) Cadets are using a prop stage that is over 40 yards Long...I would like to see this in Whitewater!...lol

3) Phantom Regiment changes their "Traditional" and White Swan Lake look to the "DARTH VADER" look halfway thru the show...I liked the uniform change, but missed the Star Wars Music.

4) Troopers did a semi - Sunburst in their show!...Boo! I would love to see the ORIGINAL and get the PEOPLE STANDING EARLIER..lol

5) Cavaliers...I dont remember them...so..........They need to juice up the show...

6) Cadets had an announcer...Can we please see what is behind Door #1 on that prop?

Edited by MrBud

Awesome show by Crown as well! Stunning brass and the demand is through the roof. Love the arrangements, and everything is well voices and orchestrated, much like Cadets. Just better construction than what Phantom and Cavaliers have.

This is going to be interesting. I'd actually have Cadets on top. The way I see it:

1. Brass - Crown by .4 over Cadets

2. Percussion - Cadets by 1.2 over Crown

3. Visual Ex. - Cadets by .3 (thought Cadets were a little cleaner)

4. Visual GE - Cadets by .4 (I really think Cadets have the better drill and overall staging, but we will see what the judges think)

5. Guard - Crown by .5 over Cadets

6. Music GE - Crown by .1 (very close in my eyes, mostly a tie)

So I have Cadets up on Crown tonight by .9. Of course, since I am usually wrong at this stuff, don't place any bets in Vegas. :-)

In all seriousness, that Cadets production is strong. I love the narration. That show calls for it. I do think Cadets have the strong drill, percussion, and marching, overall GE will be close, and brass is in favor or Crown, but Cadets are not far back. Two awesome corps, for sure.

It should be a DCP requirement that all predictions follow this format.

• Like 1

Now if they would just trust them to play a whole note once in a while, instead of shoehorning runs into everything

Actually, many of these runs are in the source music.

• Like 2

So I have Cadets up on Crown tonight by .9.

I don't see it that way... I think Crown wins this by at least a half point. But like you said, who the heck knows with the first show.

• Like 1

I dont care how many runs you can play. How much double tonguing or triple tonguing. If thats all you do the music will sound the same. I want things i can sing not just runs. I feel like brass has turned into we can play loud and play alot of notes but the notes arent really melodic its just dadadaadadadadadadadada and done.

• Like 7

ok..so i'll predict it right now. The worm hole will emerge at finals and purple pants will come out.. LOL

Hmm. Would it be too much if the boy and girl from the bench last year appeared out of a bass drum in this year's show?

It should be a DCP requirement that all predictions follow this format.

That would require the average DCPer to actually understand each individual caption and what's graded in each :tounge2: