Instauration in Indy: 6/18

Just got home from the show in Indy. I wasn't going to say anything because there is really no point...but...the Cadet's show kind of laid a bomb. Not that it was performed badly, on the contrary - that was some of the best brass sound heard in a couple of years and the drum was fantastic! It is the show. - plain and simple. I am fairly patriotic - I fly the flag on Flag day on July 4th etc..so I thought it was kind of neat that a corp was doing a patriotic show. The crowd politely applauded a couple of times but there was not any real excitement in the show except for a couple of loud power chords. Some difficult music performed well for the most part (there was one part that almost got away from them). But the big ramps and stage with an annoying narrator going up down the ramps with some nice music going on in the background is not really an exciting show.

Carolina Crown's show did have the excitement and almost the same intensity of the Cadet's sound. They need to tweak the ending - it was a little anti-climatic and at the beginning when the countdown goes to liftoff I don't think I would out the dead beat in there before the sound of the liftoff.

Phantom had a decent show with Swan Lake with some nice visuals in uniform changes and the music was good. There is one odd bit with the pit near the beginning that I wasn;t sure how that fit in with the show though! Cavvies look to be stronger this year with a better show than last year and it was entertaining! Troopers are quite the same Troopers from years ago but hopefully they get it back! Oh well it is late - time for bed.

• Like 1

Imagine how nuts throwing in Boston, Madison, and Bluecoats Saturday will be scoring wise?

English translation please ?

Just got home from the show in Indy. I wasn't going to say anything because there is really no point...but...the Cadet's show kind of laid a bomb. Not that it was performed badly, on the contrary - that was some of the best brass sound heard in a couple of years and the drum was fantastic! It is the show. - plain and simple. I am fairly patriotic - I fly the flag on Flag day on July 4th etc..so I thought it was kind of neat that a corp was doing a patriotic show. The crowd politely applauded a couple of times but there was not any real excitement in the show except for a couple of loud power chords. Some difficult music performed well for the most part (there was one part that almost got away from them). But the big ramps and stage with an annoying narrator going up down the ramps with some nice music going on in the background is not really an exciting show.

Carolina Crown's show did have the excitement and almost the same intensity of the Cadet's sound. They need to tweak the ending - it was a little anti-climatic and at the beginning when the countdown goes to liftoff I don't think I would out the dead beat in there before the sound of the liftoff.

Phantom had a decent show with Swan Lake with some nice visuals in uniform changes and the music was good. There is one odd bit with the pit near the beginning that I wasn;t sure how that fit in with the show though! Cavvies look to be stronger this year with a better show than last year and it was entertaining! Troopers are quite the same Troopers from years ago but hopefully they get it back! Oh well it is late - time for bed.

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. I'm having some of the same feelings about Cadets. Time will tell.

Yeah I've been pretty hard on Cadets since the preview show in Johnstown....but hoping they gradually stuff my face with crow.

I watched them the past month and thought despite all the criticism on here, that the show is much more balanced and well constructed versus the past few seasons. Playing a gazillion notes or marching at 220 bpm is not what it's all about. There needs to be reason and balance and I think they have all the elements. Changes are needed as always but the framework is there and this a more talented bunch of kids even for cadets standards so changes should be absorbed easier.

• Like 4

Leading up until tonight I was most excited for Phantom Regiment's Swan Lake. I've fallen in love with the ballet and have spent hundreds of hours of score study with the ballet. I have to say after seeing the show on the field (not just the music in the parks) I'm heartbroken. I can't even begin to describe how devestated I am at the design of the show. The biggest disappointment for me is the music book. Third time is not a charm. It's time to sack Hill.

I saw a Patriotic show with crisp music and guard aplenty, a Fun show where the pit invaded the field lol, a Pretty show with nice uniforms, a Stage show that flowed well and a Space show with constant motion through the universe. The frisbees were cool. Fan Network was clear and smooth for me tonight (only 1 refresh required). Thank you. Looking forward to Saturday Night.

Crown's FB page said the 2 contras who fell are fine. Thank goodness!

• Like 1