SCV 2014

New arrangement of clowns... Wow...

Is this the new soloistic version that was supposed to be part of the other show they couldn't get the rights too?

So I was at Stanford and absolutely loved hearing SCV! One thing, however, is that I listened/watched it again at home on FN and wasn't nearly as impressed as I was live.

With that said, the arrangement of the 2004 show, to me for now, is much more enjoyable. Things might change, especially with the closer still to be added and other modifications here and there, but I can simply listen to 2004 over and over and over. Not too sure yet if 2014 has that replayability.

As a whole though, 2014 seems to have a much better overall package. The uniforms look spectacular, the drill is really pretty, and the overall feeling is of extravagance. 2004 seems to tell a better story but I've only seen 2014 once (twice if you count FN) and haven't been able to fully absorb everything just yet.

They seem extremely talented and powerful this year--I'm hoping for a medal or better yet, the top prize!

For anyone who hasn't caught SCV's 2014 show yet this season, there are actually a few clips in the latest SCV:Backstage episode. They don't tend to do that, so that's a pretty nice treat!

SCV:Backstage Episode 3

24 trombones on that opening hit...wow! I wonder if they plan to utilize them any at the end of the show or if that was it.

Pretty cool drill move at the 2:50-3:00 mark with the moving waves. Perhaps a mini tribute to the waving company front in the 2004 show?!

One other interesting nugget that came up during the video (at 2:08) was that SCV was apparently developing 2 other show concepts that they wanted to do, but ultimately decided to do Scheherazade this year. Wonder what those could be and if they'll make the field in a future season. Interesting stuff!

Amazing and powerful hornline but just like I predicted in the offseason, I simply can't find myself enjoying this show. I didn't like 2004 and I don't like it now. The source music isn't my cup of tea I guess.

This entire show is a train wreck. Feels like they hacked the 2004 show for the sake of hacking it.If you're going to rehash a show, you #### well better make sure its better than the first time you played it, otherwise people will make that comparison. Unfortunately, this one falls way short of 2004.