SCV 2014

IMO SCV has the cleanest sounding battery and pit.

I was very impressed at the Sacramento show. After seeing them Monday night on FN I was even more impressed.

Seems like that's everyone's opinion

Time for me to eat crow. I declared after the first viewing that I would never come to like this show. Didn't give it a chance. Saw it on fan network last night and was absolutely blown away. Wow.

If I had to rank the G7 in terms of entertainment value at the moment for me, it'd be something like this

1. Bluecoats

2. Crown

3. SCV

4. BD

5. Phantom Regiment

6. Cadets

7. Cavaliers

Mine is

Crown

Bloo

Vanguard

Cavaliers

Devs

Cadets

Phantom

I was starting to think I was the only person who likes crowns show ( a lot of my friends do not seem to care for it). Scv and bloo could easily switch. I may enjoy devs more on multiple viewings/understanding what the hell is going on. Cavaliers is much better than the last two years but still meh compared to the majority of their recent history. Cadets are impressive but I don't enjoy it. Wish the pr kids the best :)

• Like 1

i have been so hung up on comparing it to 04....and I finally broke past that. Can't wait to see them rehearse here next week!

Yea I agree. That piece of music is an hour long so it's hard to represent it in just 11 minutes. I think if they could clean up some of the forms and lines they could beat Cadets and Bloo. Depending on who judges drums at finals they could win. It is a 4 line race in percussion IMO with SCV playing the most musical book.

i have been so hung up on comparing it to 04....and I finally broke past that. Can't wait to see them rehearse here next week!

While 2004 SCV will still be one of my Top 10 shows of all time... This year has finally grabbed me by the heart. So. ####. Good.

Ok I think I found another Easter egg. Saw it on the San Antonio on demand.

In the middle of the show when the trumpets are being surrounded by the pillows before their feature. Pretty sure they spell out s c v 2 in succession.

• Like 1

Ok I think I found another Easter egg. Saw it on the San Antonio on demand.

In the middle of the show when the trumpets are being surrounded by the pillows before their feature. Pretty sure they spell out s c v 2 in succession.

Wow! I probably would not have noticed that until I watched the Bluray this Winter. Thanks.

In the middle of the show, when the trumpets are being surrounded by the pillows before their feature, pretty sure they spell out s, c, v, 2 in succession.

Nice catch. I'd noticed that 2 (an echo of the bigger 2 earlier in the show), but not the S, C, and V flashing by.

Yea I agree. That piece of music is an hour long so it's hard to represent it in just 11 minutes. I think if they could clean up some of the forms and lines they could beat Cadets and Bloo. Depending on who judges drums at finals they could win. It is a 4 line race in percussion IMO with SCV playing the most musical book.

having drum judge 2 helps a lot.

can someone please explain to me the significance in the number '2' in their show? If there was an important number in the show, you'd think it'd be 1001.

Just got a text from someone on tour with SCV and they said the 2 signifies both their theme title and the second SCV version of Scheherazade - so both.