SCV 2014

I am not impressed with that last set from the new ending, with all the members bunched up around the soloist. It does not look particularly interesting, and does not have much of a dramatic effect. It seems kind of thrown together, like a place-holder. I hope SCV refines this further.

I agree. The 1st time I saw it was "HUH?" but soon realized there MUST be something dramatic gonna happen and the set is covering it ?

I would love if at the end of the show, the trombones actually did some drill, instead of just being parked at the front. I mean, no corps has done drill with bones before, so it would be really eye-catching. And they could do some interesting visuals with those long slides. Like I always say, if you're gonna use trombones, use them all the way.

I think I heard someone mention that, in order for them to use the bones for free or for rent, that they would not be allowed to march them because if they bought them outright, it would cost tens of thousands of dollars.

It is going to be interesting to see how SCV fares tonight. Finish ahead of Crown again? Closing in on Coats or will that gap open up?

I don't know if it's my general love for SCV but this show has totally grown on me since the beginning of the season. It really stands on its own vs 2004 and I am glad I got to experience this beauty of a show twice this year! Good luck in ATL and beyond and medal!

• Like 1

The new ending parachute tarp is a really neat effect. I love the way the show is shaping up. The drums have been stellar and are getting all that more clean as the season progresses, despite having a tough book, and there are lots of cool embellishments being added to the brass book. They're apparent even to this drum guy.

There is a lot of detail in the guard work as well, if you give it a close watch. Really cool and athletic stuff - like the guy doing some acrobatic tumble through the battery during its feature, wow. Also, perfect rifle line catches. That's always great to see. :-)

Those two horn holes cannot be helping, but, there are some visually obvious mental errors going on still, despite the general increase in performance quality.

I hope the SCV vets can really pull it together for that end-of-season push, getting the whole 2014 corps to pour its heart in, while pushing past the point where people are still having mental lapses.

Go SCV!

I think this is the year SCV takes home the drum trophy, how strange would that be, with the same music as 2004? In a good way of course. We'll see over the next two weeks, the last few years this is when everyone caught up, but I have a feeling this is their year. That front ensemble is incredible, drumline as well.

I agree DrumManTX . . . that drum line is purring like happy kittens. They make it looks sooo easy. SCV sounds like Crown's drumline and SCV drumline sounds like Crown's brassline.

I agree DrumManTX . . . that drum line is purring like happy kittens. They make it looks sooo easy. SCV sounds like Crown's drumline and SCV drumline sounds like Crown's brassline.

Okay that last part really confused me

Anyone know anything about the two horn holes? They have been there for a while.