SCV 2014

While I have stated and still stand by my feeling that Cavies will end up ahead of Phantom, they won't be ahead of SCV.

My theory, that I have, that is to say which is mine, is mine. This is it. My theory, that belongs to me, is as follows. This is how it goes. The next thing I am going to say is my theory. Ready? This theory goes as follows and begins now.

Cavaliers will not pass SCV this year.

That is my theory, it is mine and belongs to me and I own it and what it is to. And it's mine.

Thank you Monty Python http://youtu.be/771E0aOFS4Q

Sorry to say. I agree.

...and to those who say it's too dirty, they don't really understand DOT marching. It's going to be dirty until individual people learn their dots and execute their dots. They mostly don't guide at SCV (like Cavaliers).

SCV is going to be clean by the end of the season.

• Like 1

Sorry to say. I agree.

...and to those who say it's too dirty, they don't really understand DOT marching. It's going to be dirty until individual people learn their dots and execute their dots. They mostly don't guide at SCV (like Cavaliers).

Mostly agree. Takes time and repetitions. They just started cleaning yesterday as they just finished the show on Wednesday. Confidence will do a ton for this book.

Sorry to say. I agree.

Mostly agree. Takes time and repetitions. They just started cleaning yesterday as they just finished the show on Wednesday. Confidence will do a ton for this book.

I think the Cavaliers are much farther ahead at this time than they were last year. The drill and music are great!

I think SCV is still cleaner at this point than they were at the beginning of the season last year. I like the show. The hornline has that majestic power they've developed the last few seasons and that drumline and guard are top notch. I'm still not quite sure about the concept but like everyone says, that will develop over the season.

What i find interesting about SCV this year is there seem to be a number of people here who aren't so enthralled with JD's arrangement.

I think the Cavaliers are much farther ahead at this time than they were last year. The drill and music are great!

I think SCV is still cleaner at this point than they were at the beginning of the season last year. I like the show. The hornline has that majestic power they've developed the last few seasons and that drumline and guard are top notch. I'm still not quite sure about the concept but like everyone says, that will develop over the season.

What i find interesting about SCV this year is there seem to be a number of people here who aren't so enthralled with JD's arrangement.

JD's arrangement is different for me than I was expecting for him. Maybe he's trying hard not to sound like he's arranging for Phantom, or maybe he's trying hard to be different than Key's 2004 arrangement.

I haven't sat down a really analysed the music since it wasn't even a complete show.

• Like 1

It's a reference to the music that's being played at that moment: "The Sea and Sinbad's Ship."

Very cool - thanks!

I really want to like this show... It's just not happening. Very disappointed in the show design, almost every aspect of it. The problem is, if you're going to rewrite a classic show, you better make it be at least as well designed as the last - and this one isn't. Talk about chop and bop. Wow.

I really want to like this show... It's just not happening. Very disappointed in the show design, almost every aspect of it. The problem is, if you're going to rewrite a classic show, you better make it be at least as well designed as the last - and this one isn't. Talk about chop and bop. Wow.

I hate to say this as I'm as big of a fan of SCV as they can get but yeah... after being able to absorb the show after awhile and regrettably comparing it to the 2004 show, this was pretty much a crapload of chop and bop. Unlike 2004, there were just no continuous... melodic lines (don't know how to articulate it)? At the points where you want to just hear more hornline playing, it seems to abruptly stop, which is frustrating. Haven't heard the finale yet but what's already done is done... I mean how much can they actually change?

Anyway, this is one of those shows that is only really good when it's heard live. I don't forsee myself, at least with the product I saw, rewatching this much after the season is over. Either way, I still love you SCV!!

I hate trombones...literally...always have. But...WOW, I CANNOT WAIT TO HEAR THAT OPENING STATEMENT LIVE!!! GO SANTA CLARA!!!!

• Like 1

Cavaliers will come out ahead of scv finals night, remember this and be sure to rub it in my face if I am wrong.

Edited by Anstig

They are the leader of the midwest...and oddly, my favorite show of the dark MW themes.