SCV 2014

Cavaliers will come out ahead of scv finals night, remember this and be sure to rub it in my face if I am wrong.

We'll see. Personally I don't think so.

I just feel like SCV is performing at a higher level than the Cavaliers and have a better vehicle to succeed especially once they clean and refine their program. The strength of the brass and especially the percussion will aid that. Just my $0.02

I just feel like SCV is performing at a higher level than the Cavaliers and have a better vehicle to succeed especially once they clean and refine their program. The strength of the brass and especially the percussion will aid that. Just my $0.02

Fair enough, but I disagree in that I also see immortal as an excellent vehicle combined with amazing percussion and visual effect.

Finally saw the ending--on FN unfortunately. I'm hoping I can make it to Santa Clara on Tuesday but we'll see. So basically, IMO, the opening hit and the ending are the best parts of the show. The middle stuff I'll have to get used to, especially after getting spoiled by 2004.

A thing I noticed about several shows over the past 2-3 years (or maybe even more) is hat SCV always seems to cleverly get "SCV" into their show. Last year, the opening set was a styliized "SCV" if I'm not mistaken. And this year, in the closer during the company front, they very subtly show "S-C-V" in sequence. Very cool!

UUPk2RB.jpg

• Like 5

Finally saw the ending--on FN unfortunately. I'm hoping I can make it to Santa Clara on Tuesday but we'll see. So basically, IMO, the opening hit and the ending are the best parts of the show. The middle stuff I'll have to get used to, especially after getting spoiled by 2004.

A thing I noticed about several shows over the past 2-3 years (or maybe even more) is hat SCV always seems to cleverly get "SCV" into their show. Last year, the opening set was a styliized "SCV" if I'm not mistaken. And this year, in the closer during the company front, they very subtly show "S-C-V" in sequence. Very cool!

UUPk2RB.jpg

Didn't even realize this was happening, even when seeing them live. thanks

SCV is one of few that I re-view videos many times both past and present. Why do I? Not sure. I like a show with flow, nuance, punctuation, emotion, history, tradition, staging, moving music ...

• Like 1

After seeing all shows in different formats, online, live, etc. IMHO I think SCV has the show that can potentially be a contender, will they win, I don't know. Crown, BD, Bluecoats and Cadets have strong shows. This may be the most balance Vanguard has been in all facets of the organization from Staff to Talent to Design etc since Gail Royer. Even with the success they had in the late 90's, it was staff and design that made the most of the talent. But the consistency didn't last except for 04.

Continuity in the staff is so huge for a drum corps, just ask the Blue Devils. If SCV can continue with this continuity, then it should be a matter of time before they win the whole thing. My SCV alum friends (circa 85-89) would lament about the corps' direction, placement from 2000-2011(exception of 04,09). By the way, 2005 and 2010 would be more lamenting because of the dropoff in placement. However for the last few years nothing but smiles each year.

• Like 1

Has the vanguard yell been located yet? On the FN stream I heard it just before the opening impact, but is that the "official" one, or are we waiting til later in the season?

Has the vanguard yell been located yet? On the FN stream I heard it just before the opening impact, but is that the "official" one, or are we waiting til later in the season?

Yell before the opening impact. That's what they've done the last few shows...