SCV 2014

When do they have a show again? I can't see them competing in the next two days --is that correct?

They seem to be competing every third day for a while.

July 22 - Ocean Springs, MS

Venue Address
Greyhound Stadium - Ocean Springs H.S.

1005 Hanley Rd.

Ocean Springs, MS 39564

Performing Corps
Listed in reverse order of performance.

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

Spirit of Atlanta - Atlanta, GA

Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI

Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA

Mandarins - Sacramento, CA

Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI

Read more: http://www.dci.org/schedule/#ixzz387F4EiTz

Edited by Madera Dons
  • Like 1

I like change they made to the ending! But one thing I noticed was that their original ending is still in the show but just earlier. What parts of the show did they cut to manage to shift the original ending so far back into the show?

From what I gathered here on the forum, the show was a little short on time prior to the new ending...

From what I gathered here on the forum, the show was a little short on time prior to the new ending...

Oh, makes sense. I guess I didn't really realize how much shorter the show was before the new ending.

Tied for my favorite show of the year.

Bring it home Vanguard!

Couldn't they have picked a better patch sound for the piano solo in the ballad? It's literally the most generic piano synth sound, even my crappy old Yamaha keyboard at home has the same patch. There are so many great realistic grand piano patches out there that they could get there hands on, there's probably some pretty good ones already built in to the keyboard they're using already.

But yet, they chose that one?

Edited by theyremovingit

Couldn't they have picked a better patch sound for the piano solo in the ballad? It's literally the most generic piano synth sound, even my crappy old Yamaha keyboard at home has the same patch. There are so many great realistic grand piano patches out there that they could get there hands on, there's probably some pretty good ones already built in to the keyboard they're using already.

But yet, they chose that one?

Funny, I think the piano patch is perfect, and I generally hate patches of any sort. The piano patch they use has a tinkly, hurry-gurdy sound to my ears, like an old-fashioned player piano, or even a forte-piano (the kind that Beethoven used). I am guessing they used this particular sound to add an "antique" flavor, in keeping with the ancient nature of the Scheherazade legend.

• Like 3

Funny, I think the piano patch is perfect, and I generally hate patches of any sort. The piano patch they use has a tinkly, hurry-gurdy sound to my ears, like an old-fashioned player piano, or even a forte-piano (the kind that Beethoven used). I am guessing they used this particular sound to add an "antique" flavor, in keeping with the ancient nature of the Scheherazade legend.

That's a unique way of looking at it. Spirit used the same patch last year and their show was full of piano and it drove me crazy the whole time despite it being one of my favorite shows from last year. Edited by theyremovingit

i have been so hung up on comparing it to 04....and I finally broke past that. Can't wait to see them rehearse here next week!

• Like 1