Anyone wanna do a review? I missed all of Windsor and some of Fusion otherwise I'd do it.

Then just review Bucs and Cabs. Those are the corps where folks yearn for opinions! No disrespect intended to Fusion or Windsor....

Then just review Bucs and Cabs. Those are the corps where folks yearn for opinions! No disrespect intended to Fusion or Windsor....

I am by no means an expert reviewer or professional musician or whatever so I'll leave just a few points I saw from an old low brass players perspective..

1. Cabs should have won hands down. It was very apparent from the stands who the winner was, too bad the judges didn't agree.

2. Cabs tubas are once again a powerhouse. They weren't clean this show but they have a lot of 16th note runs and a much harder book than the Bucs tubas, when I could hear the Bucs tubas. So thank you for going the harder route and not the easier one like most corps.

3. Cabs had a lot of spacing issues visually. But they weren't bumping into each other like Bucs were.

4. Cabs uniform change. First change since they were founded perhaps? Mid show none the less. Pretty cool effect.

5. Bucs show didn't impress me musically. But I'll chalk that up to being the first show. Cabs had their own issues too. Some missed releases and spreading of tones through both corps

6. I hate sideline screamers/soloists. No offense to Ponzo, he sounded great. I hated it when Empire always did it and now Cabs have done it two years in a row.

In conclusion, Cabs should have won. Stupid politics in judging. Cabs are much better prepared than I have ever seen them. I don't think it's so much that Bucs are slipping but more so that Cabs have significantly stepped up their game.

• Like 1

Cabs wore all black unis several years back for the entire show,................not sure what year tho,..........

Gary...try to remember, because I have been there now 25 years, and we have worn the same uniforms.

You may be thinking of 93 when they added the bolero vest...but all black?? Not recently!

6. I hate sideline screamers/soloists. No offense to Ponzo, he sounded great. I hated it when Empire always did it and now Cabs have done it two years in a row.

Sorry to disappoint you. Due to medical issues, I just cannot "march" anymore!

• Like 2

I'll say this to the folks that are anti-lunchbox players: Frank may not march a traditional spot, but he absolutely does move around, and quite well. The last two years Cabs have found a way to utilize him in very creative ways visually without simply parking him in the pit. He's all over the field, and you only notice him moving when you're meant to notice him.

That's not at all an easy thing to accomplish.

• Like 4

I have a medical issue with my marching too - whenever I march people that are watching begin to vomit uncontrollably.

Ask Gene Bennett.

You're not the first guy in the activity to hang out and blow - at least when you play folks get their money's worth.

• Like 5

Gary...try to remember, because I have been there now 25 years, and we have worn the same uniforms.

You may be thinking of 93 when they added the bolero vest...but all black?? Not recently!

I"m with Frank on this. I don't ever remember the Cabs in all black. Going back at least through the 1960s until the present.