New Florida drum corps: HEAT WAVE OF FLORIDA

A Brand New start Up Drum & Bugle Corps is forming in the west Central Florida area in Inverness. The organization will be kinda old school, being in 2 parts: a kidette corps for individuals 12-15 years old, and a more advanced group 16-22 years old. We are in the infancy stages at this point, and have alot of work to do. Please stay tuned for further information

Benny isn't that like in the backyard of the Sun Devils ? I would have thought if someone was going to try to bring a DCI age group corps to life they would have tryed for Jacksonville ,Teal had a good membership here ,from Florida and Gerogia just bad management .Plus no one other than thoses of us that follow drum corps ever hear of them. I've lived in Jacksonville 3 years now ,was asking all the time my 1st,year down here if anyone knew of them ? police .fire dept. no one knew them .The owner of the Jacquars is very into making a name for the city in sports ,He just bought a class soccer team to play here .Might be a good person to ask about a great cause for kids ,DRUM CORPS who knows he might go for it and supply the funds to get it off the ground .Its got to be worth a try .Best of Luck with what ever you do.Former Director 82-83 Long Island Sunrisers

Good luck!

• Like 1

Benny isn't that like in the backyard of the Sun Devils ? I would have thought if someone was going to try to bring a DCI age group corps to life they would have tryed for Jacksonville ,Teal had a good membership here ,from Florida and Gerogia just bad management .Plus no one other than thoses of us that follow drum corps ever hear of them. I've lived in Jacksonville 3 years now ,was asking all the time my 1st,year down here if anyone knew of them ? police .fire dept. no one knew them .The owner of the Jacquars is very into making a name for the city in sports ,He just bought a class soccer team to play here .Might be a good person to ask about a great cause for kids ,DRUM CORPS who knows he might go for it and supply the funds to get it off the ground .Its got to be worth a try .Best of Luck with what ever you do.Former Director 82-83 Long Island Sunrisers

Sun devils are based ion the Northeast section in Florida, and are a DCA corps. Our focus in NOT in competing, but offering the kids an opportunity to do corps for the youth of our area. Competition comes later.

• Like 2

Good Luck Benny

Sun devils are based ion the Northeast section in Florida, and are a DCA corps.

Our focus in NOT in competing, but offering the kids an opportunity to do corps for the youth of our area. Competition comes later.

Please let me elaborate: There is a definate void between the experienced youth, and the kids that see drum corps, want to participate, but either can't afford it, or can't get started. We WILL NOT turn any kid away as long as the fully participate (meaning they show up for practice, participate in fund raisers, help where needed, and the parents participate). Is this going to be easy? NO! But, it will be worth it. This was how many of the old school junior corps did things up north (Bridgemen Kidettes, Meadowlark kidettes etc etc.). It worked VERY well as many of you know. You had a main corps which competed, and a kidette corps which helped support the organization, while letting the younger kids learn & participate. It kept kids off the streets. The program worked. The kidette group will be age 12-15, and the main corps will be for 16-22 yr. olds. Also, this will be a year round program of education, family functions and, we hope, fun.

Questions? email me at director@heatwaveof florida.org

Thanks....Benny

Our focus in NOT in competing, but offering the kids an opportunity to do corps for the youth of our area. Competition comes later.

Please let me elaborate: There is a definate void between the experienced youth, and the kids that see drum corps, want to participate, but either can't afford it, or can't get started. We WILL NOT turn any kid away as long as the fully participate (meaning they show up for practice, participate in fund raisers, help where needed, and the parents participate). Is this going to be easy? NO! But, it will be worth it. This was how many of the old school junior corps did things up north (Bridgemen Kidettes, Meadowlark kidettes etc etc.). It worked VERY well as many of you know. You had a main corps which competed, and a kidette corps which helped support the organization, while letting the younger kids learn & participate. It kept kids off the streets. The program worked. The kidette group will be age 12-15, and the main corps will be for 16-22 yr. olds. Also, this will be a year round program of education, family functions and, we hope, fun.

Questions? email me at director@heatwaveof florida.org

Thanks....Benny

Our new website is up!!

For information and to register on our website, please go to:

www.heatwaveofflorida.com

we plan to have our first meet and greet meeting in Oct 2014 in Inverness, Florida (exact location and date to be announced.).

Thanks!!

Benny Pisani, Director Heat Wave Of Florida

To register for Heat wave Of Florida, please go to our new website at www.heatwaveofflorida.com

We are planning our first meeting/meet & greet in Oct. 2014 in inverness (exact date & location to be announced shortly).

Thanks!!........Benny