DCPI Season 22 Discussion

Happy July, everyone! The first leg of the DCPI tour is over and the journey to the regional championships in 2 weeks get well and truly underway today.

Just two events today as the Grand Rapids MI event was cancelled due to lack of attendance. Western corps will be tucking into the tight confines of McMinnville OR's Wortman Stadium, while the Providence RI event will be split between Brown University Stadium and Cranston Stadium.

McMinnvilleORMcMinnvilleHS2000_zps1b4b7d

ProvidenceRIBrownStadium20000_zpsf6e7d90

CranstonRIStebbinsStadium2_zpsea6efef4.j

I wonder what the odds are that Ivory Brigade and Nastalgia Vanguard would manage to tie scores with 76.30. I'm guessing that they would be pretty high considering all of the choices we can have.

On a different note. I'm glad to be back in the hunt for first again after having a few bad shows while changing the ending of our show. Things are looking up for Ivory Brigade.

Abracadabra Academy has stayed pretty consistent in Open Class, but Nastalgia seems to be pulling away from everyone here. It is early in the season though.

Kaiju Corps is the fun little underdog of our groups. They started off near the very bottom of Class A at the start of the year due to not having their show finished yet, but since then have been shooting up in the ranks.They finally passed 70 last night in Kalamazoo, MI.

All three are looking good for first year Corps and are giving some of the veterans a run for their money.

• Like 1

Very pleased so far with The Avengers in their first season of competition since Season 18, especially after yesterday's win in Carrollton!

I am pleasantly surprised with Red Regiment so far this season. I was looking to just make an appearance in the finals, but we are looking strong in the first leg of the race.

Ok. Really don't know what I am doing, and know I am already late to the season, but what the heck. Just registered and signed up 3 corps. So I gather that I select schedule and captions as soon as my corps are live in the system? See you all on the fields.

That's correct, and I'll have your corps up and running shortly. Because you're joining partway into the season, your corps will be subject to late-start penalties for a short duration, but that will expire after the regionals.

Welcome aboard!

We're back up to 4 events today (and looking forward to the prospect of 3 new corps joining the tour in a couple days), so fans across the country will be able to enjoy all that is DCPI.

In Richland WA, Richland HS's mountain-like stands welcome a powerhouse slate of corps, including Circle City Sound, Nastalgia Vanguard, Quiksilver, Mercury, The Marauders, and several others.

PascoWARichlandHS7000_zps1292984d.jpg

Johnson City TN's Science Hill HS makes a return to the DCPI calendar after debuting last season. Will Star of Jupiter be able to keep up their momentum against Avengers and Ohio Valley Thunder?

JohnsonCityTNScienceHillHS6000_zps7bf146

Lynn MA's Manning Stadium hosts another event in the New England tour, which is larger this year than past seasons. Ivory Brigade look to continue to turn heads, while Knights of Power, fresh off of recovering the Knight Sword, look to defend their turf.

LynnMAManningStadium2_zps32da395e.jpg

In Columbus OH, it's the Open Class and Class A corps that will highlight the stage, with more than a dozen of the smaller corps taking the field at Upper Arlington HS to compete tonight.

ColumbusOHUpperArlingtonHS2_zpsbe5f753a.

The bulk of today's events will be taking place in the eastern US, with shows at Paul Brown Tiger Stadium in Massillon OH, Stellos Stadium in Nashua NH and Salem Stadium in Salem VA. Meanwhile, we have a split event out west in Seattle, with World Class corps competing at CenturyLink Field, home of the NFL's Seattle Seahawks, and Open Class ans Class A corps taking the field at Renton Memorial Stadium.

MassillonOHPaulBrownTigerStadium12000_zp

NashuaNHStellosStadium2_zps312ed87f.jpg

SalemVASalemStadium7000_zps143f6814.jpg

SeattleWAQwestField70000_zps23da6238.jpg

RentonWARentonMemorialStadium6000_zpse85