2014 Rankings (by most recent score)

Governaires, on DCI sheets, scored 66.500 tonight in St. Paul.

Wacked scores in St. Paul tonight. The DCI judges seem to be all over the place with the Midwest All-Age corps this year. (Seriously, no movement in scores???) I thought the Govenaires had one of their best shows in recent years. Even more fun than last year. Great guard and great communication! MBI's exhibition was also terrific, though not without its flaws (more later). It was also really nice to see Chops, Inc. back on the field!

There are some real judging issues this year regarding the DCI panels. I don't know if it is inexperience with the sheets or what. But if you follow the trend, the midwest corps are getting worse, which is ridiculous.

Edited by Ron H

Do the mid west corps get to see DCA judges this week-end ? l would think we will see a big change in scores after this week-end ,or should i say i sure hope so.LOL

Do the mid west corps get to see DCA judges this week-end ? l would think we will see a big change in scores after this week-end ,or should i say i sure hope so.LOL

MBI and Govenaires will be on DCI sheets tomorrow in Iowa, then DCA sheets Saturday in Racine.

Wacked scores in St. Paul tonight. The DCI judges seem to be all over the place with the Midwest All-Age corps this year. (Seriously, no movement in scores???) I thought the Govenaires had one of their best shows in recent years. Even more fun than last year. Great guard and great communication! MBI's exhibition was also terrific, though not without its flaws (more later). It was also really nice to see Chops, Inc. back on the field!

There are some real judging issues this year regarding the DCI panels. I don't know if it is inexperience with the sheets or what. But if you follow the trend, the midwest corps are getting worse, which is ridiculous.

That seems to be the case within the DCI circuit so not surprising its effecting the all-age groups. 3-4 point swings from shows day to day.

Edited by Reeses0316

MBI and Govenaires will be on DCI sheets tomorrow in Iowa, then DCA sheets Saturday in Racine.

Or on no sheets in Iowa?

It is my understanding that about 90% of DCA judges are also DCI Judges. And do well with either DCA or DCI Sheets.

I also thought that DCA sheets were sent to DCI shows that will have DCA Corps getting scores.

Does DCI have similar sheets they use for All Age DCA Corps?

So, can some one tell me where or if I am wrong?

(Granted DCI judges not in DCA areas would some have trouble with DCA sheets, they may not use very often.)

Edited by 2B or not 2B

Scores from Racine:

Open Class

1. 86.50 -- Minnesota Brass

2. 66.35 -- Kilties

Class A

1. 75.25 -- Governaires

2. 66.15 -- Cincinnati Tradition

It is my understanding that about 90% of DCA judges are also DCI Judges. And do well with either DCA or DCI Sheets.

I also thought that DCA sheets were sent to DCI shows that will have DCA Corps getting scores.

Does DCI have similar sheets they use for All Age DCA Corps?

So, can some one tell me where or if I am wrong?

(Granted DCI judges not in DCA areas would some have trouble with DCA sheets, they may not use very often.)

Any DCA corps that performs and is judged at a DCI show is judged on DCA Sheets

:ninja:

Just for the opinions page, did ANYONE watch the Fan Network's streaming of the Kiltie Klassic last night?

Or did the plug get pulled on it? I packed up what little souvies I had brought and left before scores were announced. I thought the show was pretty good, especially seeing the Racine Scouts 3 times this week.

Pat