2014 Rankings (by most recent score)

But you guys do have some shiny new duds to wear :)

:ninja:

And that hit DID drain the pocketbooks.. In order to have come out earlier, THAT would have taken fundraising efforts I don't think a DCI budget could handle..

I mean, this is a part-time activity, right? :tounge2: It's been over 10 years since MBI had a uniform change/upgrade. Personally, I don't think if our support staff had taken it upon themselves to build them, my house or others would have survived the process. :shutup:

I've gone through that more than once over the last 33 years (of marriage).

Still, having those ladies around to make the subtle little changes, and to maintain the uni's is probably the single biggest cost savings ANY drum corps can have.

That's why my wife and I do what we can to help the cause. That and I get to occasionally give folks grief in other parts of the country - like here! :wub:

Pat

• Like 1

and since DCA offered ZERO shows out there back then, it's moot to this discussion ( even though I agree). While I love their shows in 09 and 10, they didn't come n and ended up where they should have

I'm reaching back into the fuzzy recesses of my mind, but it was either '86 or '88 (two of the years I marched) that Sunrisers went out to Chicago for a show. I ended up flying out with a buddy and met the corps there. I remember nothing about the show (where it was, who was there, whether it was a DCA show or we latched on to a DCI show, etc.) other than it was blazing hot and the showers could have doubled for a sauna.

Not trying to disprove your point as this was obviously an exception to the rule, but your comment brought to mind at least parts of that trip.

Edited by Rufus67

I'm reaching back into the fuzzy recesses of my mind, but it was either '86 or '88 (two of the years I marched) that Sunrisers went out to Chicago for a show. I ended up flying out with a buddy and met the corps there. I remember nothing about the show (where it was, who was there, whether it was a DCA show or we latched on to a DCI show, etc.) other than it was blazing hot and the showers could have doubled for a sauna.

Not trying to disprove your point as this was obviously an exception to the rule, but your comment brought to mind at least parts of that trip.

Sun in 88. Westshore and Steel City in 89 went out.... Chicago area. No MBI involvement at least in 89

Sun in 88. Westshore and Steel City in 89 went out.... Chicago area. No MBI involvement at least in 89

so you just killed your argument my friend. HEH.

so you just killed your argument my friend. HEH.

no I didn't. MBI wasn;t there so going head to head meant nothing. going head to head didn't help Chicago vanguard or whoever the other corps was.

DCA is a different animal today. you cant compare now to 25 years ago. MBI has been getting panels that have seen the East at the shows out there for a few years now. in fact in 11 when the Reading show was hurricane'd out, MBI still went out at their show, with a panel of finalist caliber folks and popped a huge number. They popped big numbers in 2010 out there, and they still ended up where they belonged.

As long as DCA is willing to send the judges out there that have seen the rest, MBI will do fine head to head or not.

• Like 2

2010 :poke:

prelims maybe. at finals i'd have put Empire over them

• Like 1

ok so now how many weeks has it been since the bucs had a show? 2 weeks? and after this week it will be 3 . am i right or is my memory failing me again? and if so how will they ever catch up?