2014 Rankings (by most recent score)

You do realize this will all change after Saturday night .4 shows this week-end 2 in the mid-west ,Southern Regional,RockMart ,Ga. and last Scranton .Tonight is the frist of 4 shows this week end ,Best to all corps ,wish you all a good show and great scores .

Edited by Florida Sun

The Cabs are the corps to beat this year. I posted a couple years ago that they really seemed on a roll. Looking back at my beloved MBI championship, there is something incredibly energizing to an organization when they come close like Cabs did last year and MBI did in 2010. I won't be surprised to see Cabs on top this year and it makes it all the more impressive what the Buccaneers have accomplished over the past decade. It is a challenge to be the standard bearer and target.

All of this is great for DCA. I think MBI will be a challenger. So are a few others who are scoring well. Let's keep this going and get a centrally located mid season show where all corps can compete together. We have been blessed to sponsor DCI Minnesota which for a couple years was the first head to head competition for the top corps in that circuit. (Outside by the way, which is how it should be but that is my personal bias). Wouldn't it be great if we continue to have close competition and then add in a mid season all corps show?

I understand the hurdles. But dream big. My hope is that instead of focusing on why not, people will focus on how we can make this happen.

• Like 2

I love Minn.Brass show this year ,great horn line ,wide open drill .great guard ,and what more can one say about that drum line .

Edited by Florida Sun

this is what you actually posted .

"Speaking for your self there Donnie BOY"

now i could have been talking about a lot of people down here. you have been exposed. you deleted it but my alert showed it because you didn't delete it fast enough. now c'mon and let sleeping dogs lie. we don't need this chuck. we all love drum corps in our own way. let's just enjoy this thing we have.

dude, you're looking to fight with anyone lately aren't you?

dude, you're looking to fight with anyone lately aren't you?

not really. i'm trying to end a feud. guess i'm not succeeding .

Minnesota Brass 91.25 in Mendota Heights tonight.

Govenaires 81.10

This will still put MBI & Govies back a bit in seedings since they do not have another DCA show after tomorrow night's show in St. Peter. I think MBI's weaker spot this year is the horn line. Good sound but they have to crank the volume 200%. Guard is among the best and so is the percussion. Visual is much improved over previous years.

Edited by Ron H
  • Like 1

Minn.Brass -----91.25

Govies -----------81.10

Kilties-------------71.25

Apologies for falling behind everyone. As Matt mentioned, I have been very busy (band camp, drum corps, and a full time job), but am enjoying a day off today and have updated the rankings with all scores from the past two weekends.

Rank - Latest Score - Date and Location of Latest Score (Change from, and date of previous score)

Open Class:

1 - 92.60 - Caballeros - 8/16 Scranton PA (+1.95 - 8/9)

2 - 92.55 - Buccaneers - 8/16 Scranton PA (+5.65 - 7/26)

3 - 92.35 - Minnesota Brass - 8/16 St Peter MN (+1.10 - 8/15)

4 - 89.85 - Fusion Core - 8/16 Scranton PA (+1.55 - 8/3)

5 - 88.60 - Atlanta CV - 8/16 Rockmart GA (+8.25* - 7/26)

6 - 87.35 - Cadets² - 8/16 Scranton PA (+0.35 - 8/9)

7 - 83.85 - Bushwackers - 8/16 Scranton PA (+2.6 - 8/9)

8 - 83.00 - Carolina Gold - 8/16 Rockmart GA (+12.45 - 7/25)

9 - 81.20 - Hurricanes - 8/16 Scranton PA (+1.65 - 8/2)

10- 80.30 - Sunrisers - 8/9 Lawrence NJ (+2.00 - 8/3)

11- 79.35 - Alliance - 8/16 Rockmart GA (+8.45 - 7/25)

12- 74.30 - Windsor Regiment - 8/3 Schuylerville NY (+1.75 - 8/2)

13- 73.30 - Skyliners - 8/16 Scranton PA (-0.80 - 8/9)

14- 72.50 - Kilties - 8/16 St Peter MN (+1.15 - 8/15)

Class A:

1 - 83.25 - Govenaires - 8/16 St Peter MN (+2.15 - 8/15)

2 - 82.40 - White Sabers - 8/16 Scranton PA (-0.40 - 8/3)

3 - 81.10 - Sun Devils - 8/16 Rockmart GA (+8.90 - 7/19)

4 - 71.25 - Cincinnati Tradition - 8/16 Rockmart GA (+5.10 - 8/2)
5 - 68.45 - Excelsior - 8/9 Lawrence NJ (+0.30 - 8/3)

*score from a DCI show

• Like 1

Apologies for falling behind everyone. As Matt mentioned, I have been very busy (band camp, drum corps, and a full time job), but am enjoying a day off today and have updated the rankings with all scores from the past two weekends.

a 5.65 point jump for bucs after not competing. so it shows that all those people were right and i was wrong. you don't have to compete to get better.

Big jump in scores for a few corps since there last show

Carolina Gold ----up 12.45

Sun Devils --------up 8.90

Alliance ------------up 8.45

Atlanta CV---------up 8.25

Bucs-----------------up 5.65

Cinn.Trad----------up 5.10

Some really big moves there .