2014 Rankings (by most recent score)

Spandy where you been hiding guy watching for your updates .LOL Thanks Spandy you always do a great job on this ,

Mansion Park stadium in Altoona is very nice - Altoona is pretty rural though.

there was a show in LewisTOWN back in the day too - smallish field if it is even there now.

maybe you are thinking of Danville?

Yeah, the issues with HERCO (the people that run the Stadium for Hershey) left most folks around here wary. Lewisburg losing that year when they refurbed Mathewson Stadium and their date hurt them as well. Couldn't get the Bucs, etc.

And yes, the City of Harrisburg, well, it's a flamin' mess. Severance Field at Harrisburg HS wouldn't be able to support a show because of parking issues for the very least.

Supposedly the new Bishop McDevitt Stadium solved their parking woes, but I have no clue. That was a mess. a full sized stadium with about 20 parking spaces to support it. If its real turf, and that I have no idea on- no way would they sacrifice it to anything but football Jesus at McD....

there was a show in LewisTOWN back in the day too - smallish field if it is even there now.

Mitchell Field in Lewistown would be thought of as a flaming joke to host a DCA show now. Unless the newly reconstructed school district decided out of sheer embarrassment to build an appropriate stadium for a quad-A team....

Mitchell Field in Lewistown would be thought of as a flaming joke to host a DCA show now. Unless the newly reconstructed school district decided out of sheer embarrassment to build an appropriate stadium for a quad-A team....

its been 28 years since my last visit there - sounds about right. the show went on despite an insane storm and reported funnel cloud overhead.

Altoona and Mount Carmel used to have if I remember right its been a long time since I was in either town Early season shows ,And if I recall a few years back wasn't there a show in Wilkes-Barre ? I guess that one didn't pan out either ,I know there's band shows in Hazeton ,and a one time long ago you had Black Diamond Regiment ,The stadium in Hazeton was fairly large I know the lights lit up where I lived there .

I wouldn't run a show in Hazelton these days. Ever since Lou Baretta got famous for cracking down on immigration, well, it's not the happiest town on earth. it's not quite Chester, but still.....

Lewistown's still there...small.

in Altoona...well....not much corps activity out there for years. I'm not sure it would draw well even if I99 makes the drive easier

Yeah, the issues with HERCO (the people that run the Stadium for Hershey) left most folks around here wary. Lewisburg losing that year when they refurbed Mathewson Stadium and their date hurt them as well. Couldn't get the Bucs, etc.

And yes, the City of Harrisburg, well, it's a flamin' mess. Severance Field at Harrisburg HS wouldn't be able to support a show because of parking issues for the very least.

Supposedly the new Bishop McDevitt Stadium solved their parking woes, but I have no clue. That was a mess. a full sized stadium with about 20 parking spaces to support it. If its real turf, and that I have no idea on- no way would they sacrifice it to anything but football Jesus at McD....

no, they have parking issues for football still.

so because it was done in the 60's, it has to be done that way now?

because if you look..how many corps from the 60's are no longer with us, and a huge reason for many of them being gone is financial.

jeff you misunderstand. the bucs never did many shows back in the 60's. they never traveled.

its been 28 years since my last visit there - sounds about right. the show went on despite an insane storm and reported funnel cloud overhead.

and Danville's not exactly the tops venue wise anymore either.

Carlisle would be great, but some issues in 89 pretty much killed that. A bunch of places around here have tried running various shows over the years...Red Lion, CD, Millersville.....and the message was pretty loud and clear: we'll go to Hershey.