2014 Rankings (by most recent score)

Maybe, Don. It's a two edged sword. They usually do pop a strong number at Expo. The thing is, they have the corps performing here a week after them that are in their league/neighborhood right now at Big Sounds.

All I know is from my experience, I'd rather have a position of strength going in rather than trying to do some legendary for the ages knock-out from below. It sure can be done, but much harder, especially if several corps could be going on after you.

After what MBI pulled off in 2011 after what I saw then do at Bucknell, I'm not stickin' a fork in them. But it's not easy.

Well, yes, there's a degree to how much stock one can put into the numbers, but MBI has to have at least some concerns about seeding at this point.

In their shoes do they want to show up seeded 4th or 5th and shoot for the win? It might happen, assuming a strong prelims performance that jumps them up, etc., but in reality, you want as high a seed as possible to take it all. You want to minimize risk.

We'll see how they do that last weekend before championships and where they end up seeded. They have time to clean and make some moves if the content and quality are there.

they also get another score before then too, so who knows

their big mistake was not coming east this year. they need a read from the east to get a decent seeding.

they saw judges who have seen the others.

• Like 1

they saw judges who have seen the others.

yeah so? they need to be on the field with some eastern corps if they want to win the ring. and jeff you know that. c'mon man.

yeah so? they need to be on the field with some eastern corps if they want to win the ring. and jeff you know that. c'mon man.

I don't think it's necessary. I cannot think of a single year where they came east and didn't place right where they should have, or a year they did and over-achieved. If anything, I suspect they may get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to seeding shows.

• Like 1

I don't think it's necessary. I cannot think of a single year where they came east and didn't place right where they should have, or a year they did and over-achieved. If anything, I suspect they may get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to seeding shows.

*Nod*

• Like 1

we shall agree to disagree. you are wrong. my opinion.