Incomplete Shows

I've got an earth shattering idea to fix this problem of incomplete shows and angry fans. Walk straight out of the show afterwards, straight to the souvenir stands, and purchase one item, regardless of how small and trinket from groups with shows that are done, and buy nothing from shows that aren't.

If a large contingent of people did this, the corps would be forced to throw that fake filler drill out there that the "finished" corps are, which would seem to make everyone happy.

For me, since west coast shows are the only shows I can attend, it's disappointing when I see an incomplete show. At the very least, in SCV's case, play the closer at a standstill. Drill, I can see on webcasts but hearing the music live is another beast. From the first show it looks like SCV will ignore the closer altogether.

Now, new questions:

Has a corps who started with an incomplete show ever go on to win or even medal? How much does starting off with a complete/incomplete show affect the final product and placement?

EDIT: And for those who think people like me just whine and nag about it, remember: sometimes it's only ONE show that someone will get to see. Everyone knows that a recording or webcast is nowhere near as awesome as being there in person. Sure, the product on the field will have some changes come the end of summer but having to miss the awesomeness that are closers is pitiful.

Edited by NeutralNovice

Has a corps who started with an incomplete show ever go on to win or even medal? How much does starting off with a complete/incomplete show affect the final product and placement?

SCV 1984 (see my prior post in this thread). First show incomplete, went on to beat BD several times and Cadets once as well. Finished 3rd that year.

Cavaliers, in like every single one of their early 2000's victories.

This is true.

SCV 1999 was also unfinished at some shows and that show won too.

Geeeze. There is no way I expect to see a full, complete show at the start of the season.

The first time you made spaghetti, was the tenderness of the pasta just right?

Just within the past 20 days, what mistakes did you make at your job?

Did you floss yesterday?

Me neither.

The DCI Champion is announced August 9, But before then, EVERYONE will be adding new movements, GE flourishes, a varied volume here, a different spin there. Some will add different flags. And yes, a few will add movement to a temporary standstill.

In Phantom Regiment's Spartacus show, the drum major wasn't killed until Allentown, just one week before Finals.

In Crown's Rach Star program, Herbert didn't smash the guitars until Finals.

In the Cadets Christmas show, wasn't the original opening "Hark the Herald Angels Sing?"

Santa Clara added Mr Mojo.

The Blue Devils unzipped their jackets late in the season for "When a man loves a woman .... "

Certainly, a complete end-of-season show is more zesty than these June previews.

Fine with me.

The one show I get to see live is DATR. I'm fortunate that I get to see complete shows by the time the corps get to Denver, but what I see is NEVER what is performed come Indy-time. But you know what? That won't ever get me to stop making the run up to Denver to see BK and all the other corps who put on their great shows.

I think most fans who attend early season shows do so knowing that there is a high possibility of seeing an incomplete performance.

And even if corps have some type of drill and a seeming ending doesn't mean the show is "finishes." Few/any corps are 'done' with their shows in June, and the only way to ensure you see a finished production is to go to Finals

If a corps performs an incomplete show the contest director should withhold their score and call it an un judged exhibition and the corps should forfeit their appearance fee for that show.

It is disrespectful to the fans that paid on average over $ 20.00 per ticket to attend.

Sorry Wes your explanation as to why the Blue Knights didn't have their show done is garbage.

At the Legends show in Plainwell MI tonight the Legends have advertised for weeks that they would be performing only a standstill exhibition.

People attend shows with the expectations that the corps will be ready.

Sorry, but this reply is garbage. It's naive and ignorant of the activity and logistics that Wes was trying to help explain.

If you don't want to accept that, it's your prerogative but to assume very corps should be "finished" (spoiler: NONE of them are) and to deny any reasonable answers is ignorance