DCI West - Stanford, CA

Also, you don't get a ton of variety in scoring when it's the same panel just judging different categories... #JustSayin

Vanguard will be fine. They are super dirty right now, and there is no way the show is done because that ending is an anvil drop. Spread makes sense to me base on BD being the much cleaner group.

Rennick takin' names again in drums I see.

• Like 1

Improvement from Clovis to Stanford:

+1.00 Blue Devils

+0.75 Santa Clara Vanguard

+0.80 Blue Knights

+1.75 Crossmen

+1.05 Pacific Crest

+1.35 Mandarins

+1.75 Vanguard Cadets

+0.90 Blue Devils B

+1.05 Blue Devils C

Since it's all on WC sheets now I see BDB beat Mandarins in percussion. They played a much beefier book than Most of the the other lines too and still only get a 12? beotch please.

Thanks for the answers. I sort of feared it would probably not work. I need to be able to afford the wireless LAN adapter first. LOL. But I probably will try it.

IT's a Samsung TV. 2009 model.

It won't work. There's no app for fan network, and no browser. You're better off using a PC (laptop) and connecting to the tv to use the TV as a monitor. Sorry.

4 point spread is kinda a lot.......

It is.. when you can't do the math.

Vanguard will be fine. They are super dirty right now, and there is no way the show is done because that ending is an anvil drop. Spread makes sense to me base on BD being the much cleaner group.

All true.

It won't work. There's no app for fan network, and no browser. You're better off using a PC (laptop) and connecting to the tv to use the TV as a monitor. Sorry.

Wish they would make an app. I subscribe to the Berlin Philharmonic's Digital Concert Hall and it works amazingly on my smart TV and Bluray player. Its probably cost prohibitive for DCI to develop something like that on their own, but I wonder if there is something out there they could license. Would be great to access stuff directly through my Roku.

Recently they win drums early season cause they are cleaner but then start to fall when other books with more meat start to clean up. If they are still winning drums 4-5 shows from now then they may make it. BD and Cadets could sneak past them later in the season if they aren't careful. Killer line though.

Oh for sure they're dirty... They also move around and stuff. I'm just sick of rewarding BD in the Vis/GE categories for more easily attainable designs

But

1) what BD does they do INCREDIBLY clean. Their form development from a precision standpoint is REALLY well done, the form control, interval control, etc. are all done awesomely. Their technique is near impeccable. And of course their guard is amazing. So from a performance standpoint they perform incredibly proficient

2) what they do from a design stand-poing is very effective. It's not always super difficult, but it almost always super effective.

3) sometimes 150 people marching incredibly well make difficult stuff look easy because they do their thing really well. Conversely 150 people doing easier stuff poorly make easier stuff look difficult because of the sloppy performance

Other corps beat Blue Devils (or achieve at a high rate) by performing incredibly well. SCV placed 4th last year with a more easily attainable design than past years (and this year) because, well, they easily attained the visual program.

I guess to me the only thing that makes me more sick than rewarding BD in Vis/GE categories for performing the snot out of effective books are people whining that corps who are dirtier can't beat a corps that is cleaner. #justsayin