DCI West - Stanford, CA

Hard to tell the guard apart form the corps.

That's actually the point this year.

Do I have a dirty mind or do SCV's back field props look kinda like... you know...

Thought the same thing.. so yes, you do have a dirty mind lol.

• Like 1

Do I have a dirty mind or do SCV's back field props look kinda like... you know...

It is what it is.. we see it too

• Like 1

Assuming the full show is eleven minutes, that's about 18% of their show missing. Do we think their score is about 18% lower than where it would be if they presented the whole show?

Of course not, because judges are not deducting points for what they do not have on the field. With the show ending obviously abrupt, a judge can't award credit for incomplete design "thoughts." Instead the judges focus on what is in front of them.

Maybe a more apt question is:

SCV is pretty dirty visually; how much dirtier would they have likely have been had thy tried to cram two more min. of show on the field without the members being ready to perform? I suspect their score might've suffered more if they put out really sloppy drill for the end.

It's supported by synth, but the brass line literally bends their intonation throughout the show, including the soloists. I just saw a rehearsal clip and the show literally tilts you inside.

That sounds like Cavaliers' 2008 without synths.

I watched the Fan Networkk webcast of DCI West...& I havent heard that much "Golf clapping" in a long time. Was there even 1 stannding ovation during a corps performance? Boooring shows from every corps. Whatever happened to show endings? Seemed like every show ended abruptly & it was hard to tell if they were done or perhaps the big finish was coming...which it never did. Except for Madison & Troopers, I havent seeen a show that really excites the crowd. Zzzzz.....

With regards to the broadcast, will someone PLEASE tell Brandt Crocker to stop talking during the corps performances with his mic on? You could hear him talking to people & a couple of times he was yelling someones name as if he needed some help or guidance with timing his announcements.

• Like 1