Live from Bayonne

Guardling is right on the money on this one ,if you know for the last 2 years its your guard holding you back ,then t them started soon so there up to pace with the rest of the corps ,ohhhh sorry horn line holes till DCI is over don't want that in the guard .

I usually NEVER arm chair instruct another corps. Its a corps business how they do what they do BUT This was just a no brainer. Someone SEEMS to be dropping the ball big time...jmo

In all fairness maybe theres a plan ( lets assume there is ) hmmmm maybe the plan needs to be re- vamped

• Like 2

and ... Fusion high visual

(tracking those nice to see grey boxes in the recap)

Thanks for these gorgeous photos, all delivered real time - wow. Made this remote experience exciting.

according to the grey boxes from this week - Cabs took visual

• Like 1

I hate excuses but doesn't the cadet 2 guards have auditions with the DCI guards? The DCI Cadets guards are top of the line ever year. You mean to tell me that the Cadet 2 guards who are the rejects from the DCI Cadet, are that bad every year even with a top flight organization?

And thank YOU for the show. Was that you in the jester hat?

I am the contra to the left of Joe " Trog " Rizzolo - aka " The Medieval Jester "!

I hate excuses but doesn't the cadet 2 guards have auditions with the DCI guards? The DCI Cadets guards are top of the line ever year. You mean to tell me that the Cadet 2 guards who are the rejects from the DCI Cadet, are that bad every year even with a top flight organization?

Here is the stated aim of C2, from the YEA website...

"...regionally performing drum and bugle corps made up of approximately 128 young men and women ages 16 to 25 that competes in the Drum Corps Associates circuit. Founded in 2012 as a weekend-only alternative to the 10-time DCI World Champion Cadets nationally touring ensemble, Cadets 2 maintains The Cadets' standard of excellence while offering a more time- and cost- effective drum corps experience to young people in and around the Lehigh Valley."

They do have an age of up to 25, but I think that most of the members are more in the HS-age bracket, from my viewing and speaking with staff.

Note also, they are a "weekend-only alternative", aimed at young people "in and around the Lehigh Vallety". Out of necessity, unless a person fro a remote location has a palce to stay nearby all summer, by definition they are looking at primarily local-area members, as stated.

All DCA guards operate pretty much the same, except maybe for the age thing, so the above doesn't really excuse the rest of the comments in the thread. They do seem to trend on the young side in all areas, which might be a factor. Instead of being full of 19-21 year-olds, they appear to be more 16-19 i age, a very large experience difference.

Oh, well...best of luck to all the DCA corps.

Can't tell from this photo , is John Smith still marching ?

Yes, I am, Chuck! :smile:

Every attempt by YEA to offer programs that work well for local Lehigh Valley residents is a GOOD thing! YEA has made great strides in developing options like this. In reality, how many Allentown Area kids each year could be expected to earn a spot with the DCI Cadets? Two, maybe three? Despite all the high focus shows that occur in the city, it's not really a 'drum corps kinda' town. Finding members for something like Cadets2 will be a challenge for some time, not to mention Bucs, Cabs, Skyliners, Fusion, Bushwackers, and probably others I am forgetting, all operating within a 90 minute radius.

• Like 2

You know, I did to. But after thinking about it this morning, maybe we shouldn't. After all, while they have certain been a competitive corps in their first two years, and were *criminally* underscored in Annapolis last year, in the end they are still a feeder corps, and one where it's clear they are training the next generation of Cadets as a priority.

It's easy to have lofty expectations because they are part of the Cadets organization. But is that really fair to the C2 corps itself? If the members and staff are happy with their process, and their end product is engaging and entertaining (they've certainly been both the first two years), maybe that's enough. After a lot of thought, I'm ok with it as a fan of the corps.

I'm not expecting C1 by any stretch of the imagination. But knowing many of the players involved and their past success, I can't imagine at this time they don't have more prepared. I don't want to hear WGI excuses about the guard, as C2 pulls many people doing TIA like Bucs and cabs do, and Bucs and cabs seem, to have more ready...probably the same for Fusion.

Yes it is a feeder corps. But for as much rehearsal time as is listed on their website, I'd think more would be ready to show by the end of June.

• Like 2

Here is the stated aim of C2, from the YEA website...

"...regionally performing drum and bugle corps made up of approximately 128 young men and women ages 16 to 25 that competes in the Drum Corps Associates circuit. Founded in 2012 as a weekend-only alternative to the 10-time DCI World Champion Cadets nationally touring ensemble, Cadets 2 maintains The Cadets' standard of excellence while offering a more time- and cost- effective drum corps experience to young people in and around the Lehigh Valley."

They do have an age of up to 25, but I think that most of the members are more in the HS-age bracket, from my viewing and speaking with staff.

Note also, they are a "weekend-only alternative", aimed at young people "in and around the Lehigh Vallety". Out of necessity, unless a person fro a remote location has a palce to stay nearby all summer, by definition they are looking at primarily local-area members, as stated.

All DCA guards operate pretty much the same, except maybe for the age thing, so the above doesn't really excuse the rest of the comments in the thread. They do seem to trend on the young side in all areas, which might be a factor. Instead of being full of 19-21 year-olds, they appear to be more 16-19 i age, a very large experience difference.

Oh, well...best of luck to all the DCA corps.

knowing kids that drive 2 hours to get there...I guess that's considered "around" the Lehigh Valley?