John Flowers - prayers needed

John Flowers, One of the true giants of the activity has become very sick just today... he's in ICU in VERY bad conditions and prayers are needed...

We hope this will help him get through this sudden illness...

To our dear Barb, his wife we send along our best wishes...

Maybe the thing I'm most grateful for in Drum Corps is the drum people I've gotten to work with - Dennis, Billy Kaufman, Eric Landis, Dale Adair, Gus Barbero - I may even be leaving some out. I know I am...

I had the fortune of working with John both with Yankee Rebels Alums and Archie.

Like the rest of the folks I listed, John has a steel reinforced notion of how percussion is written, taught, played, and revered.

His success speaks for itself.

And he (as anyone that played in one of his lines will surely attest) is one of the toughest men I've ever encountered - unflinching - expects more from others than they think they're capable of giving, and expects even more from himself.

If human strength is all he needs to overcome this challenge, he's got it licked.

And if devotion and love is necessary - Barb will put him over the top.

Amazing guy - like the rest of you I'll head for bed sending prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

• Like 1

I know John will do his part. Now I will do mine. Prayers are on the way.

Just read this post about John. Praying for a speedy recovery. A true gentleman and the epitome of what drum corps people are all about: Talent, dediction, toughness, and spirit. Grew up hearing about him and admiring his work, and then got to meet and play alongside him in our alumni corps.

Prayers for both John and Barbara. Hope to hear good news soon.

this is sad. my prayers go out to john my very old friend. and to barb who was a good friend from way, way back.

Just read this post about John. Praying for a speedy recovery. A true gentleman and the epitome of what drum corps people are all about: Talent, dediction, toughness, and spirit. Grew up hearing about him and admiring his work, and then got to meet and play alongside him in our alumni corps.

Prayers for both John and Barbara. Hope to hear good news soon.

I could not have said it better. For three years I knew John in Sky Alumni , I would never have knew who he was because he was such a modest , hard working person. When I learned who he was , I almost collapsed. One of the jobs of the healthier alumni corps members is to help anyone in distress after a sunny day , heat torturing performance. Last year John fought the elements, and always shrugged off offers to help , but for me walking along with John and the little chats were so rewarding.

Please be well John , and you two Barbara.

frankiE