Blue Knights 2014 - "That One Second"

I talk to my son after every show. Last night, his words were "

I don't know. It was just really flat today".

DM C.J. Garcia echoed and explained that reaction in his FB blog. https://www.facebook.com/OffTheFieldBK2014?ref=stream

To me, the fact that BK continues to improve...even with a flat show...is an indication that they have the determination and drive to perform as well as an awesome show to put on the field. Even when they don't do their best, it's pretty darned good.

Wow very insightful from the DM. And honest. I like that. Hopefully they can continue to breathe life into the show until the end

I'm not aware of any significance other than the throw back to the 90s uniform/logo.

Now, as an alumni, if I'm wrong I'll feel like an idiot!

Just to add my two cents.... I went to the Pittsburgh (Baldwin, PA) show tonight. I went primarily because PR was there. Who impressed me the most? Just one second and I'll tell you....BK. What a show. You guys can debate all the technical things but I just like what I like. I cannot stop thinking about BK. Yes, I got a little teary eyed as well. I need to see this show over and over and over.

I posted my thoughts on the show thread....but I wanted to come by here too. I took my Grandma tonight for her first drum corps experience, no musical background. She was really excited.

Now, I don't get emotional very often.......ESPECIALLY in public but when it got the part in the Blue Knights show about holding your grandmothers hands.......I got pretty emotional and cried, not full out sobbing, but some tears for sure. Me and my Grandma are really close, and thinking about how much she enjoyed it tonight.......that's a one second I will remember for a long time. Thank you Blue Knights, you were her favorite show. She liked the message and thought the colors were really pretty. When you have a show that does that, it's something special that no medal or ring can give you. Thank you. She wants to come to Denver next year with me.

• Like 5

Saw the show for the first time at the theater tonight.

Wow, astonishing show. Great job, BK. Keep doing this.

I also got to see BK live in CA.

I'm loving BK's show from top to bottom. Horns and drums line are sounding amazing.
This show will be joining my other BK classics on my iPod.

• Like 1

I despise narration universally - for me it always detreacts from the performance. Other that that - I really enjoy BK this year. I can't always say that.

• Like 1