Blue Knights 2014 - "That One Second"

As an alum, I want to chime in... I've been watching Blue Knights shows since 1992... this one is their best. Better than Trittico, and better than 2000. I am extremely proud to be represented by these guys. All who have gone before have helped you get to where you are today, and 2014 has been a true joy to watch.

Thank you!

• Like 2

Most of the narration comes from the film, "American Beauty". The part about climbing the tree...until a gust of wind blows me down, comes from the lyrics of the closer song, "To Build A Home".

Wow what a show and performance! Great job this year!

Question- does anyone know where the poem came from they use during their show or was it written just for the show?

I could be described as a PR homer, but man, I was definitely rooting for these guys to get 7th tonight. These guys have my favorite show this year and I hope they can push through like the Bluecoats and give the top 7 a tough time in the coming years!

You guys totally rocked it tonight.

Congrats on what is quite possibly the Best Blue Knights corps there has ever been!

What an amazing show this year! My 2nd fav, behind my homer corps BLOO. Thought you were WAY better than Phantom tonight, but we all saw the crazy judging that went on, so not a surprise.

Will be listening to this show for YEARS to come.

• Like 1

And the G7 stays intact. I was rooting for BK even though I had a feeling Phantom would take them in finals.

Placement disappointment aside, this show will live on and be remembered! As someone who's worked behind the scenes for Mark, Ken and my dot friends it's really beautiful to think of all the wonderful things that this show has done and will do. The future is never brighter, recruiting will be fun and the camps will be packed. 2015 is gonna be awesome because BK YOU LEFT A PROFOUND MARK ON DRUM CORPS!!! Way to go! I Go On:)

Edited by wesleyrp

I'll be honest... every now and then, the Blue Knights' programming has left me scratching my head a bit.

But not this year.

What a wonderful, well-designed, well-performed show!!!

• Like 1

After rewatching tonight, it makes so much sense. I think my favorite moment in BK's show is the narration "...and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment...you have no idea what I'm talking about I'm sure, but you will someday"

Yes, this. My wife, a month before I saw BK in Houston, had her last radiation treatment after four chemo treatments. I found the lump last December, and within a few days she was in the first of two surgeries. Been a very long year so far. But, she is in complete remission.

I was there with my beautiful son, having driven from Alabama to Houston to make some job connections for him, and it was the first show we'd seen together since I stood on the turf at Lucas Oil and wrapped my arms around him after he (and several others) :) had just won the world championship. When Thomas first marched DCI for Spirit, I bought him the book about a summer's tour by BK.

So, needless to say I dissolved when the started flipping the graphics over- an incredibly moving show. Those kids should know that I've been watching DCI for 40 years and was never moved as much.

Thanks for, as the kids say, being real.

Me too.

Edited by dapperpoet
  • Like 2