Blue Knights 2014 - "That One Second"

I believe that the Blue Knights' show was talking about something like this image that I just found:

10377271_10154500173185217_4360541167123

• Like 1

Everyone better watch out for that battery section. No age-outs and, if they stick together, they're coming to kick ### and chew gum. And there's no gum left in Denver.

• Like 3

Everyone better watch out for that battery section. No age-outs and, if they stick together, they're coming to kick ### and chew gum. And there's no gum left in Denver.

And, curiously enough, the entire drum line found these strange sunglasses right after finals. (Not sure how that could translate into a show concept.)

Speaking honestly as a definite PR homer, there would have been no shame in placing below the Blue Knights, who put out an amazing product. I liked PR better, but I already told you I am a homer and definitely know that BK was a great corps this year... my favorite show from them since 1994. DCI and the fans all benefit when BK is soooo strong. Best of luck for continued success and keep pushing out great products. Truly believe they have their ducks in a row.

Hello everyone - first post!

I just signed up for this board and hoped to comment on the Blue Knight's performance on Saturday.

I have no DCI affiliation or history - I'm just a random guy from Chicago who has been taking his 75yr old father to the DCI finals for the last 11 years. Its an event that we both cherish every year.

I realize this may sound outlandish to all you DCI veterans on this board, but the Blue Knight's performance on Saturday night was the single best show that I have witnessed since I began following DCI over a decade ago. I've often complained over the years that I've never been emotionally moved by any particular performance. Sure....I love the color, pageantry, music, execution etc that make DCI so great. But until the Blue Knight's performance on Saturday, I've never been brought to tears. That all changed Saturday - the Blue Knight's show turned me into a crying, blubbering mess (in a good way). I can't tell you how grateful I was to see their show. Great job and thank you Blue Knights!!

I can't wait until next year.

• Like 4

Hello everyone - first post!

I just signed up for this board and hoped to comment on the Blue Knight's performance on Saturday.

I have no DCI affiliation or history - I'm just a random guy from Chicago who has been taking his 75yr old father to the DCI finals for the last 11 years. Its an event that we both cherish every year.

I realize this may sound outlandish to all you DCI veterans on this board, but the Blue Knight's performance on Saturday night was the single best show that I have witnessed since I began following DCI over a decade ago. I've often complained over the years that I've never been emotionally moved by any particular performance. Sure....I love the color, pageantry, music, execution etc that make DCI so great. But until the Blue Knight's performance on Saturday, I've never been brought to tears. That all changed Saturday - the Blue Knight's show turned me into a crying, blubbering mess (in a good way). I can't tell you how grateful I was to see their show. Great job and thank you Blue Knights!!

I can't wait until next year.

That is a heck of a first post!!!!!

Wonderful!!!!!