Blue Knights 2014 - "That One Second"

It should be noted that a lot of the images placed on side 1 of the field do have meaning. There is an image of lightning, BK was struck by lightning (I don't know what year) and it sent several members to the hospital. If you watch the show two members end up standing in front of that image with hands over their hearts, then then move to the back and seem to strike poses of fear. Now there is a chance I read too much into that. It could simply be a reference to a line in the corps song 'I Go On'. The line being "When the thunder rumbles".

Now that I think of it the entire show seems to be reminiscent of 'I Go On".

• Like 1

I hadn't said much on here about the emotional response because I know people will say I'm a homer, but from day one of hearing this show its gotten to me too. I lost my dad just a few months ago and his last moments in his life was spent with us and his newborn grandson. (at the time) That one second is not a second at all.... It lasts an eternity. I know now my dad was supposed to meet his grandson and see who would continue our family name. I'm greatful to BK to give such a meaningful show to the audience but most of all, it's beautiful and emotional beyond words

Honey, you just 'home' away. They deserve you and I do love your loyalty and often-times fairness, to other units.

Just saw this show for the first time on FN. :wub::wub::wub:

Beautiful music, nice visual package. Found the combination of the narration, pictures & music quite moving. Hard to put into words, but I just love the vibe BK puts out year after year. This year's no exception. Can't wait to see this live.

Edited by ecamburn
  • Like 1

Also just saw BK for the first time on the FN (Denver). What a show! Absolutely beautiful production. The drill flows extremely well, the music is serene, the use of color is spectacular, the narration is surprisingly tasteful, and the new uniforms are gorgeous!

They are quite clean too. I see them as the strongest of the 8-11 (BK, BAC, Madison, BS) pack right now, and I could see them potentially passing Phantom by season's end if they execute. I wouldn't mind either - fantastic product from them. I've been a big fan of the shows they've put out since 2010. Lots of variety in design, but all pretty creative shows.

• Like 1

That One Second is giving Phantom a run for its money!! WOOHOO GO BK, Great show last night

• Like 1

BK made some changes between Denver and SA. The most notable change, to me, had to do with the "grandmother" sequence. In Denver, they had the horn player (grandson) follow the guard member (grandmother) across the field and then she left. With the change, the grandmother is sitting, wearing a shawl and the grandson comes up and touches her. She then leaves (passes on)...and leaves behind her shawl. The grandson plays his trumpet solo, other horn members come to his side (family), they touch the shawl as if remembering her....remembering that one second when she alive.

I just have to say that this scene is, in my opinion, the most powerful moment of the show (but only slightly better than the finale). I think some fine tuning to intensify the emotions is in order, but this scene is a keeper.

• Like 1

I just have to say that this scene is, in my opinion, the most powerful moment of the show (but only slightly better than the finale). I think some fine tuning to intensify the emotions is in order, but this scene is a keeper.

Agreed, but only if the keep it subtle and avoid any forced emotions and uncomfortable/awkward/cheesy overacting (a la Madison in their New York show).

• Like 1

Agreed show the audience the music/narration and set the scene but let the audience use their own experiences instead of forcing too much acting on them!

• Like 1

Agreed show the audience the music/narration and set the scene but let the audience use their own experiences instead of forcing too much acting on them!

It was interesting with 4 GE judges last nite--the range... I did think the 11th place for GE was a bit off....However, I guess each judge has an opinion based on experience (Sly was awfully good with the Cavaliers).

Saw BK for the first time in Houston. Not ashamed to say the show made me weep openly. I hope their artistry is rewarded.