Blue Knights 2014 - "That One Second"

What made tonight so very special was not the placement or the score, but I watched this show at my Mom's house and sat in the very spot that my dad inspired me to become a musician and feacher. It all hit me and the performance was just outrageous. But I'm sure my dad's last moments were thinking of us and that made That One Second more special than any other show ever! Cheers to BK , what a great job you've done of transcending drum corps to bring something far more important- family and remembrance to us! So proud to be an alum today- I Go On

• Like 2

BK has a powerful, moving show this year. Some of their best impact moments demonstrate that sometimes 'less is more' in the design. The performers bring out the emotion in this show without the designers trying to beat us over the head with it.

Best of luck the rest of the way BK, love the show!

• Like 1

Fantastic performance in Atlanta, BK. Great job passing up Phantom; you deserved it. Also a very impressive score relative to the Cavaliers. A 6th-place finish, while unlikely, is not out of the question this year. Keep it up!

• Like 2

Just returned from an emotional trip to Colorado this last week. We went to spread my grandma's ashes in Colorado- in a lake at about 9700 feet where I fished with her and my grandfather as a kid(and well into my teens). The music and narration from this show kept going thru my head. A lot of incredible memories-a lot of happiness, gratitude and a bit of sadness.

• Like 2

Just wanted to say how much I loved Blue Knights show in Atlanta. Out of all the performances, there were three that I really would like to watch again: 1) Bluecoats 2) Crown, and 3) Blue Knights. A beautiful show with a great sounding horn line.

• Like 2

Saw the show last nite in Dublin live for the first time. It was everything I thought it would be-Awesome. They were not the "loudest" corps of the nite, but thought they played with pretty good control-and let loose at the right moments. The emotion of this show comes across so well. I did at times seem to notice some very slight (or it seemed) timing issues. The colors are so vivid-almost to remind you of how colorful- happy,sad or whatever any given emotion can be at any given point in time. All in all it fits together pretty seemlessly, I do think they could have a little better transition to the ending -but I am sure that is coming.

• Like 1

I talk to my son after every show. Last night, his words were "I don't know. It was just really flat today". DM C.J. Garcia echoed and explained that reaction in his FB blog. https://www.facebook.com/OffTheFieldBK2014?ref=stream

To me, the fact that BK continues to improve...even with a flat show...is an indication that they have the determination and drive to perform as well as an awesome show to put on the field. Even when they don't do their best, it's pretty darned good.