Bridgeport Predictions

>>How big of a crowd did the Barnum end up with ,i wondered if the price increase would affect tickets sales ,But we all know you can't afford to run any Drum Corps show for 5.00 dollars and expect to make a profit today .<<

My guess would be around the 3000 mark ... it was a good size crowd between those sitting in the stands and those that mill around the souvie and food stands ...

:-)

Certainly I might have been a tad crass with my comment however the fact is that in this economy if John Q. Drumcorps is going to spend over $100 between tickets, transportation, refreshments and souvenirs to see just one or maybe 2 shows a year, he will want to spend his money to see a show with the top competitors/contenders. So given the choice between what is now the Barnum Festival and the Grand Prix or Scranton...guess who wins? It's a shame because BITD the Barnum was a major prestige show and title. And like it or not, the Bucs have got to be considered one of the top draws in the circuit ...if not THE top draw. And to have one of your top draws competing in only six shows is definitely killing shows such as the Barnum. Perhaps it's time for DCA to take this into consideration and work with the corps to create a more compelling slate for these once iconic shows. It this a sad fact? Certainly it is. But it is a fact.

Yes. Things have really changed over the past 2-3 decades. It used to be pretty easy to do two shows a weekend and what generally used to be done was have one show with Cabs/Sky/Sun/Hurcs as the show's core and the other with Bucs/Westshore/Crusaders as another core. Sometimes corps would travel and mix here and there, and at the big shows, you'd see more intermingling.

With the geographics of DCA, not as easy anymore to do this. Also, less contests in a season and less weeks in the season mean each show is a "bigger" show now. I think there's something compelling at every show right now, but true, Scranton is the 600 pound Gorilla and the GP at worst a close second. Right now I need to sit down and get tickets ordered for this season and figure out which shows besides Scranton and D-town I want to hit. and will be able to make the drive to.

Love this show, both as a performer and as a spectator, and while not having Bucs here IMO is a bad mistake for everyone else, I doubt they were drawing a large crowd from the area. It's still Cabs country here.

If it wasn't for the area and the parking situation, I would say it should be as big as Scranton.

Having the Bucs there would have been nice but it was a great show no less. All of the corps performed very well and the crowd enjoyed it. Fusion did a great job of whipping the crowd into a frenzy and got a well deserved standing ovation. I'm pretty sure that this larger than normal crowd will remember the enjoyable experience they had and come back for more next year.

• Like 2

Please stop doing this in every single prediction thread. It's old. Very old.

Speaking of old used up jokes....... Why did the chicken cross the road? LOL :silly:

Edited by HurcsGuyGD.

Hmm, going to be a difficult decision to make.

Write a DCW like review where everyone was wonderful, just review what I saw/heard, or speak my mind as well. Heh.

Why won't anybody answer my question about the chicken crossing the road? :tounge2: LOL

Edited by HurcsGuyGD.

Hey, Hurcs Guy:

(1. Happy 60th !!!!)

2. I don't know why the chicken crossed the road. But here's what I DO know....

.....I recently placed an order through Amazon for one egg and one chicken...... They shipped from different suppliers. The chicken arrived yesterday. So the answer to "which came first, the chicken or the egg" is clearly THE CHICKEN.

Joe