Pittsburgh PA

The show tonight should have been a bit closer. Cadets are also cleaner because, what they are being asked to do may not be as difficult as years past. They are cleaner /sooner because they should be their current composition with regards to drill and staging.... Also jot a full label may have closed thing up between 1 and 2. Not a popular statement but as Blue cleans, it will be more apparent unless Cadets add drastically. Things will be much closer sooner than many think.

Having said that - great show tonight! Great night and finally not a rain out!

• Like 1

I'm surprised by the (lack of) reporting tonight. I wonder if the weather these past few days have affected this turnout. Some people on twitter were saying they thought it was next week. Not very good marketing.

• Like 1

Those aren't the Cadets that I have watched rehearse over the years. I've always known them to be absolutely wonderful all the time... relatively speaking :satisfied:

I guess your frame of reference is different than many of ours.

I've been watching them for 30 years. They normally come out dirty with a really difficult show, then as they clean, they rise up and "smack everybody in the score" at finals...

Big examples of that are 2005 and 2011. This year, not so much.

Maybe they're going to take the Blue Devil approach with drill. ( Oh snap, I should NOT have said that, but old habits die hard) and that is that it's "visual", not drill.

Very un-Cadet, BUT that seems to be what it takes to win the most amount of titles in DCI.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

Those aren't the Cadets that I have watched rehearse over the years. I've always known them to be absolutely wonderful all the time... relatively speaking :satisfied:

Cadets have historically been a mess, especially visually, early season...

Through the years Deb Torchia has consistently given BAC higher scores then other judges have awarded. It also been an ongoing joke that Torchia awards the Cavaliers lower scores. As soon as I heard she was a judge I knew that this would once again be the case. Not sour grapes it's history, research it.

Interesting...I wonder if it's a coincidence that she lives in Boston...hmmm.

• Like 2

@FinanceBuzz @PRPhan @Bluecoats it is their best corps ever. Show staging and concept excellent. Show of the year....HOT! #tilt #dci

Cadets were so perfect. But Bluecoats were simply astonishing

@CarolinaCrown Just leaving Gateway PA show. Cadets over Bluecoats. Not so sure. Liked Boston. Cool.

Dig the changes in the closer @Bluecoats

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 1

I guess your frame of reference is different than many of ours.

I've been watching them for 30 years. They normally come out dirty with a really difficult show, then as they clean, they rise up and "smack everybody in the score" at finals...

Big examples of that are 2005 and 2011. This year, not so much.

Maybe they're going to take the Blue Devil approach with drill. ( Oh snap, I should NOT have said that, but old habits die hard)

Considering I am 34...

My frame of reference is about the last 20 years only... and the last 10 more closely with their move to Johnstown for camp in the last 5+ years.

Every corps is dirty at the start. But I've never seen the cadets at spring training as a "mess". They usually have a complete set of drill with little to no foot phasing going on... and that's pretty clean by most standards on week one. Let's be honest with ourselves :tounge2:

Okay... I said I was going... and I'm still here. Curse this sub culture addiction!

Good night everyone.

• Like 1

The show tonight should have been a bit closer. Cadets are also cleaner because, what they are being asked to do may not be as difficult as years past. They are cleaner /sooner because they should be their current composition with regards to drill and staging.... Also jot a full label may have closed thing up between 1 and 2. Not a popular statement but as Blue cleans, it will be more apparent unless Cadets add drastically. Things will be much closer sooner than many think.

Having said that - great show tonight! Great night and finally not a rain out!

I'm not sure I agree with this. Cadets content is tougher than Coats. That said I love Coats show and hope it does very well this year.

• Like 1

Interesting...I wonder if it's a coincidence that she lives in Boston...hmmm.

So its a conspiracy, not a coincidence? You are into conspiracies it would now appear ( which is cool and all )

But here a dose of reality for the conspiratists in our midst.

In the opener last season the Cavs scored a 66.50, and BAC scored a 64.30.. a spread of 2.2 points

In the finale last season the Cavs scored a 90.50 and BAC scored a 90.40.. a spread of a mere tenth.

Debbie Torchia was not involved as a judge in the opener, not in the Finals.

Every slate.. at every show...has judges that are somewhat predisposed to liking a Corps, and others not so much. No Corps gets a totally bad panel, nor a good panel, as the judges on the panel tend to cancel one another out in terms of favorability and non favorability. The notion that a G7 Corps fan or two thinks they are getting the short end of the stick on something is quite funny, and quite ironic in my view.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Some quick things from the show. My vantage point was less than stellar but all groups seemed tentative. Saw everyone but Spirit at the Akron show.

My listening situation allowed me to hear Boston's soloist who did a great job. Amps seemed to low to missing. Sat around with a lot of first time attendees and high school students

More Misc. comments:

Spirit's show was fun but was very early season in execution. The wind blew down the field cover on the one side of the field.

Boston show was really dark and fun. Dysopian playing will only get better as they get the show down.

Cavaliers got the first real cheer from the crowd around me, but I think it's because a couple of local kids are in the Corps. I could say feet were off, but its still early. Crowd ate up the pit features.

Int was 20 mins featuring a sunset and the Cadets moving into prayer block.

Cadets narration was hard to hear from where I sat which would be somewhere near Turtle Creek for locals reading this. Lotsa of great moments were staging helped us hear all the familiar strains from this show. Crowd was happy

Home Show #2 for Bluecoats went well, but of course wasn't like at Akron. Could hear alot of the Drumline features which were really good. Thought they were right there with Cadets if not better tonight in drums to my uneducated ears. Lots of nice little moments to this show and shoutout to the Tuba line who were splitting their feature and one player playing really high!!!

Bluecoats finished with a great Encore which peeled off some paint from the stands :)

Edited by Jplan72
  • Like 1