Pittsburgh PA

Boston scores over Bluecoats in visual composition?... does that make sense to those who have seen both shows?

• Like 1

Boston scores over Bluecoats in visual composition?... does that make sense to those who have seen both shows?

In this caption ?.. yes, it makes sense to me. ( 'Not taking anything away from the strength that the Bluecoats have in other captions ).

• Like 2

Sounds possible considering it is not an achievement caption...I wasn't there...

I predict Bc will be close for awhile. They have to know this is the year to push like never before. At some point the crowd will enjoy the show so much they will elevate the corps' performance until one judge takes the lead by rewarding them with a placement over one of the top 3. It will only take one, then the corps will rise to a point of undeniability, which is what it takes. You have to blast your way to the top.

• Like 2

You're a real downer, yeesh!

Ha... you are not the first to tell me this. But as a Bluecoat, I'm entitled to be a skeptic... and a realist.

I think that the show is great. I think that the hype is real and deserved. But I also submit to and believe in the view of the judging community. I'll celebrate when they demonstrate that they see what WE all seem to see.

I'm definitely pleased with the closing of the spread.

Remember a few years ago when the 'Coats came out and beat the Cadets a couple times in a row in the opening shows of the season... and then bested BD and Cavies together on the same night, late in the season (2007 I think)? This show is head and shoulders over that. Seems that if the judging community was able to see a glimmer of championship quality then... then it should most certainly be evident now.

It's puzzling in the content and GE numbers... just puzzling.

And BAC has closed a 4.4 gap from Cavies down to a 1.9 gap.

Had BAC gotten a better Guard score tonite, the gap would have been even smaller... but lets not too ahead of ourselves as these are still just partial panels tonite.

Certainly not a pro-Cadets judging slate tonight. It must have given Debbie Torchia hives to put Cadets in first in visual analysis.

Edited by theCHEZman
  • Like 2

Certainly not a pro-Cadets judging slate tonight. It must have given Debbie Torchia hives to put Cadets in first in guard.

as opposed to what other corps? i doubt that they had much competition tonight in guard.

• Like 1

as opposed to what other corps? i doubt that they had much competition tonight in guard.

Boston has a great guard and I love their visual show. It will take time for me to get the rest of the show but it's more my stupidity then Boston's show I'm sure.

• Like 1