cascades 2014

I haven't heard anything about the cascades 2014 program. Have they really not announced it yet or am I just behind?

No announcements anywhere on their website/facebook last time I checked. As a bottom tier corps, it would benefit them (or maybe not?) to be one the first. At this point, and I hate to be 'that guy' but let's call a spade a spade, do most people really care?

• Like 2

Their show title and repertoire were announced in the cinema showing, but I only remember the former: "Turn".

I thought they folded?

Maybe you're thinking of the Open Class corps, Thunder, from Spokane? While that group never seems to have made an official announcement about not performing this summer, they apparently decided that in May.

They HAVE NOT FOLDED.

And they HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN BY FLOODING THE MEDIA REALM WITH A BUNCH OF RECORDINGS OF THEM.

Seattle Cascades are doing exactly what they should be doing right now, buckling down, off in their own little area of the country, working their ##### off to try and get better. If anything, the fact that they have been practicing so much and released so little is a sign that they understand the steps they need to take to get better.

The group will be markedly better this year, that's for sure. They are just restricted right now by their region's talent base, that talent base being divided with Oregon Crusaders, expensive tour fees, and people that made poor decisions in the previous administration.

Edited by GeneralTsoChicken
  • Like 2

Maybe you're thinking of the Open Class corps, Thunder, from Spokane? While that group never seems to have made an official announcement about not performing this summer, they apparently decided that in May.

ahh, i knew i had heard one of the Pacific NW ones had. Shows how much attention I pay.

but let's call a spade a spade, do most people really care?

That's kind of mean. There are a lot of dedicated people involved in this organization. I had a long conversation with a Cascades parent on a shuttle bus in Indy last year. No, they aren't a top tier corps, but I assure you, there are people who care.

• Like 3