Magnificent Muncie, IN

I mean, I was once one of those kids. My HS band director had DCI videotapes in his office and bunches of us bandos would pile into his closet of a work space to watch them. Not the same as being in the stands, but it was sufficiently intoxicating that when, a couple years later, the opportunity to audition presented itself, I jumped at it. There weren't many -- if any -- live shows in my part of the country, so it was videos or nothing.

Then, during my rookie year, in the Midwest, my former band director made the effort to hunt through the parking lot and find me, to congratulate us on our show.

HS teachers are the great influencers of our lives. I say bring on the bandos and let them slobber all over themselves in the stands.

• Like 2

I mean, I was once one of those kids. My HS band director had DCI videotapes in his office and bunches of us bandos would pile into his closet of a work space to watch them. Not the same as being in the stands, but it was sufficiently intoxicating that when, a couple years later, the opportunity to audition presented itself, I jumped at it. There weren't many -- if any -- live shows in my part of the country, so it was videos or nothing.

Then, during my rookie year, in the Midwest, my former band director made the effort to hunt through the parking lot and find me, to congratulate us on our show.

HS teachers are the great influencers of our lives. I say bring on the bandos and let them slobber all over themselves in the stands.

Well said...

Small showers and thunderstorms are starting to develop in the CU field within the state. it's still a bit early to tell but from what I see on radar right now the movement is kinda every direction...typical summer showers and storm motion wise. If anything there is a southeast to northwest movement about the whole field, with somewhat of a northward trend. Muncie looking good as of now...but I need to see another few hours before making a call of any kind.

I will say as long as a shower or storm doesn't stall out over the stadium, they should be short duration rain showers/storms, but they will have the ability to dump lots of rain down in one area at a time. Be back in a bit.

Radar trends looking good!!

• Like 1

Debating on buying fannetwork...

If you're debating on whether or not what you get is worth $69 to you, something to keep in mind is that the money does end up supporting the activity, so you can think of yourself as altruistic. Also, it's a blast to explore the archives of past years' shows... that's probably worth the expense by itself for one year, anyway. YMMV.

If you're debating on whether or not what you get is worth $69 to you, something to keep in mind is that the money does end up supporting the activity, so you can think of yourself as altruistic. Also, it's a blast to explore the archives of past years' shows... that's probably worth the expense by itself for one year, anyway. YMMV.

Great way of putting it!! :)
  • Like 1