Congratulations Sky !

You can count on one hand (I really don't know if that's true) the number of "Senior" corps that went inactive and were able to return to the competition field. Certainly the Brigadiers are tops in that category. But on Saturday night the Skyliners completed (and without time penalty) a field show for the first time in many years. They had many attempted re-starts over the last decade or so, but this time it stuck. With five open corps fighting for the 10th spot in finals, the big prize of a Sunday night appearance remains a realistic goal.

No matter what happens between July 4th and Labor Day, The New York (NJ/PA) Skyliners must be proud of overcoming this obstacle !

Congratulation Sky ! (and congratulations Bush for advancing your turn-around)

Joe Dz

(living in the same county as the Cabs, not historically a Skyliner fan)

• Like 9

Amen - I've been saying for years (and I will be beaten bloody by the folks that are doing amazing things building corps out in "the rest of the world") that a strong Skyliners, Sunrisers, and an upstate NY (Lake Regions) corps would be the best thing that could happen to DCA.

Sky is DCA's Madison, or more appropriately Madison is DCI's Skyliners.

So... keep the momentum going Sky. DCA needs you, and the rest of us in the over 30 range miss you.

• Like 5

Just by glancing at my signature below, I think it's pretty obvious where my loyalties lie. (Folks who know me have no doubt!) However, as a young teen new to the world of drum and bugle corps, I was a big Skyliner and Sunriser fan. One of my most influential early instructors was Cal Myers, a Sunriser, and I was sure I would march there someday. As fate would have it, things worked out much differently, and I landed in Hawthorne 48 years ago and I am still there now with the Cabs Alumni.

That being said, as a life-long drum corps participant, I have to say how happy I am to see the Skyliners field a competitive corps once again. I have many friends who are former Skyliners and current Sky Alumni members, and I know they have been aching to see their corps reborn. Any corps starting from scratch or returning to the field faces tremendous difficulties and challenges. I salute Larry, Doreen, Adam and the rest of the administration, staff and of course the members, for their hard work and determination to get the 'new' Sky corps up and running. As Ray Fallon said, DCA needs the Skyliners. For that matter, DCA needs any other all-age corps that can compete and entertain and help the circuit continue to survive and grow. Saturday's contest was a major step forward for them, and I wish them continued success as they build their program and their corps. It was great to see them on the field in Bridgeport.

Welcome, back, Skyliners!

Edited by cabalumnidrummer
  • Like 6

The support from the entire drum corps community has been so awesome. Thanks to all the alumni and fans! Although the corps is relatively young, and has little or no drum corps experience, they have worked extremely hard to get where they are, and in a very short time. The entire organization is excited for where they can take this show this year, and looks forward to all the hard work that lies ahead. Here's a video of the highlights of this weekends return to DCA competition in Bridgeport.

http://youtu.be/qS373kxiFsU

• Like 4

Welcome back Sky. Those stratospheric soprano solo's featured in your show were way kick ###. This is a good sign of great things to come.

Edited by HurcsGuyGD.
  • Like 3

We are using G Bugles.

We are using G Bugles.

No valves?

Cool....

• Like 1