Glendora, CA, June 28, 2014

What an excellent review. Thanks for posting it!

Thank you for a great review.

A few comments:

I think BK's marching style started its change with Avian, had a MAJOR style change with NoBeginningNoEnd and is continued with That One Second.

If you think that narration is cheesy, just wait till you hear what they have for the closer. My son, one of the mellos, said that it makes him cry.

He also says that what you see now isn't what we'll see by finals. The show is going to change...a lot.

Outstanding.

Thank you for your review, and the photos!!!!

Thank you for a great review.

A few comments:

I think BK's marching style started its change with Avian, had a MAJOR style change with NoBeginningNoEnd and is continued with That One Second.

If you think that narration is cheesy, just wait till you hear what they have for the closer. My son, one of the mellos, said that it makes him cry.

He also says that what you see now isn't what we'll see by finals. The show is going to change...a lot.

BKs change to straight leg technique occurred in 2010 when Sully took over the design caption for them.

What an excellent and thorough review! WOW!!! Love the pictures and boy do I love BK's new look. Also love SCV back-scape props. looking forward to seeing all those groups soon.

Thanks for the pictorial review! I always love seeing photos.

Regarding Blue Devils - I have to disagree with your thoughts. While I was prepared to be "over" the group this summer, I am blown away by the outstanding effect created with this show. The drill design is brilliant (rotating "reels") and I thought they presented the idea of being on a movie set/lot in very unique ways. I think this is their most concise, accessible program since 2004.

I look forward to them winning another title in 2014 and that color guard can go ahead and win their 5th (or is it 6th?) title in a row. Scott Chandler = genius.

• Like 1

Regarding Blue Devils ... The drill design is brilliant (rotating "reels")

It's quite nice, but not quite brilliant: the drill that opened Spirit of Atlanta's 2011 show was also film reels spinning off a projector.

Edited by N.E. Brigand